Chapter 25

It took most of Jimin's effort not to sprint through the streets towards his apartment once he got a call that Sugar Cube was found.

"Jiminie, he has a deep scratch on his leg but other than that he's fine. He let us pick him up so we're taking him back to your apartment," Hoseok's voice said through the speakers.

"Okay, we will be there soon, Hyung," Jimin responded, smiling. He then proceeded to grab Yoongi's hand and turn around, speeding up as they walked back to his flat. Jimin was concerned of course but he knew the cat would be okay if they could sterilize the wound and bandage it. Ddosun has gotten worse injuries before as he was the klutziest and floppiest dog he had ever met, so he wasn't too worried.

Jimin dragged Yoongi behind him by their intertwined hands, turning his head back over his shoulder to throw a smile at the older every once in a while. Yoongi would just smile back and squeeze Jimin's hand before focusing back on the sidewalk. The rain had drenched through their clothes at this point, their shirts and pants clinging to their skin and hair dripping into their eyes. But neither one of them cared, too immersed in each other and their mission to be worried about the rain.

The pair finally reached the entrance of the apartment, meeting up with Jin, Hoseok, and Namjoon before turning and entering the lobby, rushing to the elevator so that nobody had a chance to question the lump of fur in one of the boys' arms. Once the elevator doors closed, Jimin released a small sigh, relaxed now that the cat was found and that his problems were temporarily solved. He snuck a glance over towards Yoongi, admiring the way his silver hair shone under the dull lights, the rainwater almost making his hair glow. His bangs dripped into his eyes and the drops trickled paths down his porcelain skin before dropping onto his soaked clothing. He looked ethereal, almost angelic in the dim lighting of the elevator, and Jimin couldn't tear his eyes away.

As if Yoongi felt the younger's eyes on him, he turned his head towards him, catching his stare with his own. Jimin turned a bright red, quickly ripping his gaze away from the older, turning back towards the double doors in front of him. Yoongi chuckled silently, his shoulders shaking as he attempted to keep quiet. The younger was just too cute with the tips of his ears red and his eyes wide.

As soon as the doors to his floor opened, Jimin rushed out, doing anything to get away from Yoongi's eyes. He hurried to his front door, sliding his fingers into his wet pocket and fishing out his keys, shoving it into the lock before throwing the door open. He allowed the other four to flood in before following, shutting and locking the door behind them. Jin moved to place the cat on his couch and It was then when he realized that none of them had told Taehyung and Jungkook that they had found Sugar cube and were now at the apartment. He winced before dragging out his phone which still miraculously worked and calling his best friend. It rang twice before he heard an irritated Taehyung pick up the phone.

"Jiminie? God, please tell me you found the damn cat," he huffed through the phone.

"Hey don't call Sugar Cube that, he is a beautiful cre-"

"Park Jimin, I swear if Kookie and I have to stay out here any longer I think we are going to chuck ourselves out a window," he interrupted. Jimin chuckled silently as he basically heard the scowl on Taehyung's face.

"Yeah, we found him. You two are free to return to the dorms if you would like since it is so late."

"Oh thank goodness," Taehyung cheered through the phone, "Kookie let's go home, dammit!" Jimin grinned as he heard a similar cheer from the youngest. Muttering a quick 'Thank you' and 'goodbye' Jimin quickly ended the call and went to join the others.

"Thank you all for helping me find Sugar. You three can go home now if you would like it since it is so late. You all should change out of your clothes as soon as you get home. I don't want you to catch a cold," he explained, smiling shyly as four pairs of eyes watched him.