Chapter 23

A double update.... because I owe it to you T-T

----------------------------------------------

Jimin made it back to his apartment around noon, dropping his stuff at the door as soon as he walked in. Closing the door behind him, the boy made his way towards his kitchen, throwing open the fridge to look for something to eat. He stared at the options, finally deciding on some leftover cupcakes and set them on a small plate, placing them in the microwave.

As soon as the machine beeped, signing that the food was ready Jimin tugged it's door open and grabbed them, placing the plate on the table before digging in. It wasn't until the second one where he paused. Where did they come from again? He knew he brought them home for some reason but he couldn't reme- Jimin's eyes widened and he shot up out of his seat, banging his knee in the process and letting out a small yelp.

"Holy shit, the cat!" He cried to himself, rushing around the apartment in a frenzy. He hadn't seen Sugar Cube since the last time he went with Yoongi. For all he knew, he was the only source of food the animal had and now he hadn't seen it in weeks.

Jimin threw open his cupboard, searching for anything he could feed it, deciding on some leftover chicken from a night or two ago. He grabbed it and a bowl of milk before sprinting out of his apartment, his shoes half on his feet and keys dangling in his mouth. He knew it was probably dumb to rush but Jimin didn't care, the urge to see Sugar Cube and see if he was okay overriding his logical thought process.

Jimin sprinted down the stairs and into the lobby, ignoring the weird glances and barreled out the door. He slowed down as he rounded the corner behind the building, eventually calming to a brisk walk. Stopping in front of the ally, Jimin squatted down and placed the milk and chicken down on the concrete floor. He took his keys from his teeth and slid them into his pocket and popped the lid off the bowl of milk before stepping away, huffing as he tried to catch his breath.

He waited for the cat to slink out of the darkness and pad to the food, poking at it before gobbling it down like he normally did but after a few minutes passed, nothing emerged from the alley. Jimin frowned. Normally the cat would come to greet him a few seconds or so after he arrived, sometimes without being called. He never took longer than a minute or two so now that he didn't come, Jimin began to worry.

"Sugar cube," Jimin sang quietly, squatting down behind the food and clicking his tongue. "I've got you some food," he called, "I'm sorry for not visiting you lately, a lot of stuff happened. I promise to never leave you like that again."

When nothing moved, Jimin's stomach began to twist, as if it was at the top of a roller coaster, just about to drop. He grabbed his phone from his pocket, turning on the flashlight and walking into the alley between the buildings. He began to shine the light around, searching every nook and cranny, hoping to find some sign that Sugar Cube was there but came up empty. "Sugar Cube," he yelled out a bit louder, his voice bouncing off the brick walls, but no response came.

"What the hell," he whispered, swinging around and heading back towards the entrance, glancing around his surroundings before quickly giving up, deciding that nothing but brick and mortar surrounded him.

Jimin's breath began to pick up and his heartbeat pounded in his ears. Where the hell was his cat? He didn't care if he was being irrational, the animal had already taken a special spot in his heart and He needed to find him. He needed to see if something bad happened to Sugar or if the cat was okay. So, Jimin did the only thing he knew to do. He called Taehyung. The phone rang a few times before a light static filled the air, then a voice. "Jiminie? You okay?"