ten - growing up

brian pov

  "god damn it."

  i take another swig out of my bottle of whiskey. jack daniels coats my throat and i sit at the counter in the kitchen. nothing but moonlight and silence fills the room as i drink. everyone is asleep, and delirious has y/n in his room.

  "fuck me. i can't keep doing this."

  i finish off the bottle and reach for another. it's too high for me to reach, so i stand on the chair. i grab the bottle, and throw my arms up in a celebratory manner. i lose my balance and fall. the bottle breaks on the tile floor and the chair comes crashing down after me.

  "i can't keep doing this."

  i sit and i just cry. feelings take over my whole body and i cry. i hear tussling upstairs but i don't stop. i hear y/n crying. her screams make chills run through my body. i stand up and wipe my eyes, and i hear a knock on the door.

  the fuss upstairs stops abruptly, no one says a word. it's just y/n crying. i walk over to the door and open it. there's a women with h/c hair, and bright e/c eyes. she's shaking, and scratching her arm. i look and she has a bruise on the vein in her inner elbow, along with what looks to be a tiny circular mark.

  "is my baby here?"

  i turn my head, and i stumble. i start to see double and i look at her weird. she looks around behind me and i stand still so she can't see what my house looks like.

  "baby..."

  i start to think. didn't even say something about a lady looking for a baby? she can't be looking for y/n, can she? y/n is our baby and she doesn't even know this lady.

  "my baby girl. she's got h/c hair, and be most beautiful, deep and bright e/c eyes you've ever seen in your life. her name is y/n."

  "who are you?"

  "i'm her mom."

  someone comes down the stairs. i turn around and tyler stops dead in his tracks when he sees y/n's mom. y/n is still crying. he moves me out of the way and i fall in the ground.

  "can i help you?" he says harshly.

  "i'm looking for my baby. this man says-"

  "this man is drunk. there isn't a baby here, we're a house full of guys. we'll let you know if we see anything."

  tyler slams the door and picks me up by my collar. he's shouting at me, but i'm tuning it out . he shakes me and bring me back to reality. y/n's crying so loud. people are yelling upstairs.

  "SHE IS TRYING YO MANIPULATE YOU! WE TOLD YOU NOT TO OPEN THAT DOOR BRIAN! WE TOLD YOU! SHE'S EVIL! BUT YOU JUST CAN'T SEEM TO LISTEN!"

  he yells, and i laugh. i laugh so loud. he gets angry. he gets so angry. he slams me against the wall and people run down the stairs. he punches me in the face. evan and david pull tyler off of me. i don't pay attention to the blood flowing from my nose onto the tile floor. i don't pay attention to tyler trying to break free and hit me again. i don't pay attention to the thick scent of blood and whiskey.

  i pay attention to y/n.

  jon and craig comfort her as she cries. this ain't a normally baby cry, it's full of sadness and sorrow. jon pulls her into his chest and puts a hand in her head. he looks at me and shakes his head, disappointed.

  all noise seems to drown out, until it's just y/n. just y/n softly crying. she's crying because of me.

  i think of the time i first saw her.

  she cried when i looked at her, but wanted so desperately for me to hold her tight and never let her go. she cried just like this.

  her tears full of sadness. full of sorrow. full of disappointment.

  full of hopelessness.