thirteen - where have you been?

tyler pov;

  it's fucking cold outside, so fucking cold. i'm really regretting taking the ally as a short cut, it's dark, and kind of scary, did i say it was cold? this is stupid, especially with y/n by my side. she might be 15 but she's still young, too young to be in a dark, cold, alley at night.

  "tyler, i'm scared." she says, she grabs my hand and pulls herself into my arms.

  "calm down kid, we'll be home soon. think about the pound cake we'll eat when we get home." i fluff her hair with my glove covered hands.

  "pound cake.." she drifts off in thought.

  things have changed so much since y/n has gotten older. craig moved out, delirious finally did a face reveal, y/n even has her own youtube channel, brian..things are so crazy now.

  "tyler?" y/n looks up at me.

  "kid?"

  "can i ask you something?"

  "no."

  "will i get to see brian again?"

  my eyes widen, i hope to god she can't see. she misses him a lot. i would too, if i was her. poor girl doesn't know how shitty he was too her, he hid it well on the inside. he lied, he caused so much hurt.

  "i don't know. that's my honest answer."

  silence for awhile. we hear a ruffling in the distance. y/n whimpers and pushes her head into my arm. her eyes are closed, i can't see, but i know it. she's so easily scared, but she pretends she's not afraid of anything to impress jon.

  "do you want to see him again?" i ask her.

  "yes. why did he leave?"

  "i don't know kid." i ruffle her hair as we get out of the alley. "i don't know."

  i hate lying to her.

evan pov;

  y/n and tyler finally come through the door. david runs and gives her a huge hug, we were all nervous something happened too them, they took forever.

  "don't scare me like that again!" david says,
y/n laughs.

  "i'm okay! i'm not a baby anymore." she says, he looks at her sternly.

  "you're our baby. we raised you, don't forget." y/n rolls her eyes.

  "how could i?" she says.

  "pound cake?" i motion to the kitchen, y/n runs in there.

  "slow down kid." tyler says, she slows down.

  y/n gets a plate and gets herself a slice of pound cake, she eats it fast, her face lights up after each bite. she loves pound cake. y/n's phone rings on the counter, her eyes widen, tyler's brows go crooked.

  "who's calling you?" i ask her.

  "it's nobody." she says, reaching for her phone, but david beats her to it.

  "b/n?! is this a boy??" *b/n = boy name*

  "give it back!" she whines, but david answers it.

  "hello? this is her father. technically not, but technically i am. i'm one of her fathers. okay enough of this, why are you calling y/n? do you like her? are you her boyfriend?" david says.

  "give it back!" she yells again, and snatches her phone back. "b/n i'm so sorry. please ignore that, i'll call you back later, okay?" she quickly hangs up. she groans and stomps to her room.

  "don't get an attitude with me missy!" david calls after her, she slams her door behind her.

  "that door is expensive." i cringe.

  "c'mon kid.." tyler groans, y/n must have heat that because..

  "i'm not a kid!!"