II:What's Up Doc?

{Prepare for crazy scientists and ugly as fuck zoo animals!}

A fire was going on in an apartment building in Washington D.C. A mother and son were running for the door only for flaming debris to fall around them. They were about to be crushed and they braced themselves. But the crushing blow never came. They opened their eyes and looked to see Victoria as the fire alien that she now called Heatblast holding up the debris.

"Who are you?" the son asked.

"*grunt* I'm here to help," Heatblast said. She tossed the debris aside and rubbed her hands together and then started absorbing the flames in the room into her body. She then led the family out the door.

They went out into the hallway to a staircase.

"This way!"

As soon as she said that, the staircase caved in.

"Uh, on second thought, that way." She pointed to the hallway and they looked to see a dead end with a window. Heatblast then fired a heatray and blasted a hole into the wall and then punched it out of the wall.

After the hole was made, Viviane flew up as a new alien he called Noivern. Noivern is a large, draconic alien that resembles a bat. He is primarily black with a purple underbelly and blue-green wing membranes. He has a purple lower jaw, a red, V-shaped growth on its snout, two fang-like projections on its upper lip, and yellow eyes with blue-green sclerae. He's large, teardrop-shaped ears have alternating rings of blue-green and black on the interiors and resemble loudspeakers. Around his neck is a fluffy mane of white fur that is longer in the back. His wings have three red claws on the middle joint and are divided into segments by two black wing fingers. On the back of the wing, the final segment is purple. His feet have two toes each and a red, claw-like growth on top of each toe. He has a long, whip-like tail with a blue-green underside and two spines near the tip. The Nemetrix was in a collar around his neck.

"Come. Trust in me," Noivern said as he held out his wings in a reassuring gesture. Gesturing for them to climb on.

The mother looked nervous as she gestured her son forward and Noivern took him on his back as he flew him down to the ground. He then flew back up and did the same for the mother. He then flew back up to his sister and smirked at her.

"You know, I would say Heatblast isn't really a good choice for this situation, but we don't have any aliens that can jetison water," Noivern said his loudspeaker ears twitching.

"At least this girl can absorb fire," Heatblast said as she vanished in a tornado of fire and turned back to normal on the ground as Noivern flew down.

The civilians gasped at the sight of the two aliens. Heatblast more so than Noivern.

"I'm sure you want to thank us personally," Heatblast said. "But really, it's all in a days work for- no way! A Gold Sumo Slammer card!"

She saw that the kid that they had just saved had three Golden Sumo Slammers cards in his hands. Sumo Slammers were Victoria's favorite media. She had tons of video games, watched the cartoon, and even collected the trading cards religiously. She had every colored card except for Golden. She had tried every single card pack she could get his hands on and never got it.

"Where'd you get it? I've been searching all over for that!"

Noivern face-palmed and shook his ears making a sensitive ultrasonic sound that only Heatblast would hear smirking as she suddenly clutched her ears,or lack there of. Heatblast turned to him annoyed as he shrugged his wings.

"Don't hold your breath, Heatblast. You'd just burn those things to a crisp the way you are now."

"It was a prize inside a box of Sumo Smacks cereal," the boy explained confused.