Help Me Understand

As much as y/n wanted to get to reading, something felt off. Y/n grabbed her bag and wandered outside of her room. She looked down the hallway, someone was missing. She realized she hadn't seen Nobuo since she arrived at the little ranch style house. Y/n knew Nobuo had to be around somewhere, and she decided to take this time to look at the rest of the house.

By the looks of it, Tomura was still sleeping on the couch. Y/n felt a tinge of guilt. For being as selfish as he was, y/n was surprised he didn't demand to have a room, or maybe he did, and y/n wasn't around to see it. Why is the king of the underworld sleeping like a commoner? Y/n could imagine him saying something like that.

The living room was well decorated. It had Kurogiri's name written all over it, except for one detail. Among the grey modern aesthetic, Tomura's brown sofa stuck out. If y/n had to guess, Tomura most likely insisted that his dusty, beaten down couch stayed.

Y/n could see Tomura on the couch from the hallway entrance leading up to y/n's and Kurogiri's rooms. She could tell by the dim blue glow coming from his direction that he must be playing a game. Like usual, Tomura paid no attention to y/n as she walked by to look at the kitchen.

Growing up, y/n never thought she'd care about what her home looks like. However, after staying in that run down hideout, y/n learned to appreciate the little things — having working lights and open windows, for example. Y/n aimlessly opened the cabinets. For the most part, they were still empty. She did end up finding a spice rack in one and plates in another. Y/n has never been so excited by the thought of cooking something homemade. Y/n decided that she'd make Tomura and Kurogiri a big breakfast tomorrow morning.

Y/n's train of thought came back to the present. She reminded herself why she even left her room in the first place. Where is Nobuo?

She stopped and thought about it. If she was Tomura, where would she place a seven-foot monster? Y/n gave it some thought before a smile grew on her face. She had no idea what the answer would be. It was hard for her to get into Tomura's head.

Y/n rephrased her thoughts. Where would Kurogiri put Nobuo? Y/n let out a hum as she pondered that one. Y/n suddenly remembered that the house had a garage. Y/n figured it had no other use, so there had to be a good chance the monster was there.

Y/n passed through the kitchen and stopped in front of a door. Y/n turned on a light and looked inside. The sickly blue Nomu was vacantly sitting on a mattress. Y/n recognized her old bed as soon as she saw it.

She stepped onto the frigid concrete and approached the Nomu. As she got closer to the monster, the more y/n felt cold. She knelt in front of Nobuo and touched his forearm. It was like holding onto ice. Y/n's eyes scanned the bed.

Y/n reached out for the thin blanket and covered the Nomu's body. She knew the cold most likely didn't bother the monster, but that didn't stop her from instinctively desiring to make sure the Nomu was content. Something about never being positive made y/n want to take care of the monster. Y/n chewed on her lip in thought. "You're warm now." She wasn't sure if her quirk could activate on Nobuo, he wasn't completely brain dead, but he wasn't the most lively.

If her quirk worked on Nobuo, that would be her good deed for the day. Nobuo should be feeling much warmer, though he wasn't.

As if Nobuo knew y/n was hoarding something, the monster nudged his face against y/n's bag. She reached inside before Nobuo started chewing on her duffle bag and pulled out an orange. She sat down on the freezing concrete and peeled the fruit for her Nomu.

She offered the Nomu the peeled orange, and the monster took it from her hand. Y/n placed the orange peel on the floor while she dug around in her bag. She pulled out a small top hat and put it on her lap. She wondered if Nobuo would be bothered if she dressed him up a little more. Y/n stopped thinking about it. Nobuo can't think for himself anyway, I guess.