Heart-to-Heart

Y/n huddled under a blanket in a ball. She laid still for a moment before flipping onto her back. She lifted her pillow from under her head and pressed it against her face as hard as she could. "Why me?!" she lamented as loudly as she could, her voice entirely muffled by the pillow. Her grip slipped through her fingers, and her hands fell to her side.

Y/n blinked, staring out into her pillow and feeling the damp fabric against her face. She couldn't imagine how her day could be any worse.

First, finding the bruise that formed on her chest. Followed by mild embarrassment when Kurogiri pointed it out, then more after Giran did the same. Her most recent interaction with Tomura was the cherry on top.

I've never wanted to die more in my life, she thought to herself. Y/n hugged her pillow in her arms as she rolled onto her side and screamed into it again.

"Why me?" she repeated in a near whisper, feeling as if she was on the verge of crying. Y/n wholly intended to give Tomura a few small nudges when she thought he was ready to know she felt that way about him. However, that was more like a firm shove.

"I'm never going to live this down, I can feel it. I could have saved myself so much grief if I just lied." Y/n knew that wouldn't work. Tomura was the first and only person to ever call her out for thinking about using her quirk. She reminded herself that the blue-haired villain was always somehow ten steps ahead of her.

Y/n spaced out, wallowing in her own misery, for what felt like an eternity. Every time she glanced at the time, she'd find that nearly no time has passed. She rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling. Y/n let out a frustrated groan.

After feeling sorry for herself a bit longer, y/n sat up. She decided it was better to do something productive rather than laying in bed feeling miserable all day. She forced herself out of bed and walked to the closet. Y/n got down on her knees and dug around, returning with her laptop in hand.

As she waited for the laptop to boot up, y/n stretched for the file sitting on her nightstand. "Okay. I don't know how to look for people online, but that's alright," y/n said in a fake cheery tone. "I'm just going to sit here and do some research. Get my mind off of this awful day. And tomorrow, I will do whatever I need to do and forget about everything that's happened." Y/n knew she wasn't fooling herself that easily.

She began looking for information on her target. Y/n had no idea where to start, so she decided typing his name into a search engine would be the best place. As expected, different people who shared the same name all around the world popped up. Y/n frowned at the results. I have a long day ahead of me.

Page by page, y/n clicked each link and looked at everything. Every time she exited from one page and returned to the search engine, she would find herself being reminded about just how enormous her task truly was. The number of results on the top was a grim reminder of how she was just barely scratching the surface and that she was looking at days, if not weeks, of research.

Keeping her mind off of how awful her day had been was so much more complicated than she thought it would be. Y/n was finding herself straying from her research to take breaks to watch short videos. After a few hours, she heard talking outside her room.

Kurogiri must be home, she thought to herself before immediately dreading what they could possibly be talking about. Surely Tomura wouldn't be asking for Kurogiri's thoughts about that?

Y/n began to panic, wholly expecting the blue-haired villain to talk about it. She knew Tomura didn't fully understand social norms, specifically what is and isn't okay to talk about. Y/n began to worry as she remembered that Tomura sometimes doesn't have a filter. Y/n began to mentally beg Tomura to be in one of his moods where he and Kurogiri can't seem to get along. At least that way, she knew Tomura wouldn't discuss any sensitive topics.