Stalling for Time

Y/n could hear Tomura and Kurogiri talking in the other room. She listened to their muddled voices as she got dressed. Y/n soon gave up trying to figure out what the two men were saying and cracked the bedroom door open. She made sure it was just enough to listen in on their conversation. 

Just as y/n thought, Kurogiri was making up reasons to take her away. The shadow-like villain was vague. Y/n knew he was trying not to mention the rest of The League or their secret meeting today. By the sounds of it, Tomura was being stubborn about allowing y/n go with Kurogiri on a miscellaneous task. 

For the most part, Tomura wasn't controlling when it came to where y/n went. Impressively, he had held true when he said y/n would be allowed to go anywhere after her probation was over. She was allowed to leave Tomura's base as often as any other League member. Y/n liked to believe that she was even more welcome to come back. 

She chose to stay with Tomura. Unlike everyone else, y/n didn't think she had what it took to be alone. Having nobody was scary. Staying with Tomura and Kurogiri was always the easier option.

It was clear from the very beginning that Tomura was the jealous type. Y/n always found herself impressed with Tomura whenever she told him that she needed to visit Giran for one reason or another. She guessed that Tomura knew he would overstep some boundaries with y/n if he ever tried to keep here away from Giran.

Even so, y/n knew it wasn't jealousy that was keeping Tomura from allowing Kurogiri to take her. Tomura hesitated to trust Kurogiri or Dabi because she's come back hurt more often than not after attending or following their directions. She knew he was trying to be protective more than anything.

Y/n sat on the floor with her back pressed against the wall, with a book in her hands. She listened to the two villains talk. It sounded like their argument was going around in one big circle. 

Kurogiri promised that y/n would come back in perfect condition, and Tomura was stubbornly disagreeing. The shadow-like villain began to advise Tomura against coddling her. At the same time, Tomura brought up the times Kurogiri has suggested that y/n follow alongside Dabi.

After a while, y/n began tuning the two villains out. Y/n decided she'd prefer to get lost in her book instead of investing her time eavesdropping on their argument. Y/n was interested in hearing The League out; however, she didn't necessarily care if she went with Kurogiri or not. 

The next thing y/n knew, the bedroom door beside her began to creak open. Y/n looked up from her book, and she saw Kurogiri hovering over her. "We're going," he announced.

Y/n placed the book down onto the floor at her side and stood up. "How'd you convince him to let me come along?" y/n asked.

"I didn't," Kurogiri replied. As soon as she heard his response, y/n closed the bedroom door as silently as she could. 

"When he gets mad, I'm going to pretend I didn't just hear you say that," y/n mumbled in a near whisper as she stood up. Kurogiri didn't reply, reaching a silent agreement to y/n's terms. Y/n approached the ever-growing fog that was slowly consuming her room.

Wherever Kurogiri had taken y/n was unusually dark. Y/n would have found it too challenging to follow behind Kurogiri, who blended in with the surroundings well. If not for the little pockets of light, which had reflected off of Kurogiri's white shirt, she would have lost him in the darkness. 

As the two walked, the area around became darker and darker. Y/n noticed it was also becoming much more humid. She could feel her skin becoming sticky from the humidity, and her clothes were uncomfortably trying to cling to her.

Kurogiri stopped in front of a metallic entrance. An unusual blue light peeked out from underneath. The sound of the handle clicking before the sound of metal scraping against metal filled the area. Y/n flinched upon hearing the high pitched shrill coming from the opening door.