Renaissance

Four's POV
one week later

"Oh dear dear Four, did you really think you were able to get rid of us with your silly fireworks?"

"You can't stop us now, or ever, you should have let the Beholder target you and slaughter you."

No, this isn't real, I refuse to believe it.

"Oh but, it certainly is. This is real in every way."

Then all this goop around me started to form, it didn't look like the Beholder, it looked like a small version of the Mind Flayer.

It inched towards me eagerly as I stood frozen as a block of ice.

Right as I hear a growl and get "spit" splattered on my face, I wake up.

-

I woke up once again gasping for air. I can't count how many times I woke up that way.

I looked at the time on my clock by my bed.

9:45 PM

Hmm, why isn't Hopper awake?

I shook El gently until she woke up.

"Y/n? What's wrong?" She whispered.

"Hey, El, can you do me a favor?" I smiled sweetly.

"Sure, what do you need?"

"I need you to find Hopper, and I need you to tell me where he is, okay?" I asked. She nodded.

I handed her a blindfold and she did her magic.

she took off the blindfold as a streak of blood dripped from her nose.

"He was driving...And he was happy." She smiled. "He was listening to music and dancing a little, like this." She then proceeded to show me which leaded me to laugh.

"But y/n, Why did you need me to find him?" She asked, curiosity filling her innocent eyes.

"I wanted to see where he was at this hour, I mean it is pretty late." I made up a fake reason.

Truth is; it was because I wanted to see if he was stuck in a problem or the Mind Flayer took him, because now I'm not so sure that The Upside Down is gone. And I didn't want to worry El.

She gave me a look of understanding and headed back to bed.

I laid down thinking about how I'm going to break the news to anyone, soon I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier, I then drifted off to sleep.

-

I woke up and as soon as I did, I got ready and went to the hospital with El, but we stopped to get flowers first.

Once we stepped in her room I choked up, I couldn't take seeing my best friend like this.

"When do you think she will wake up?" El asked.

"I don't know..." I whispered.

I touched her hand and it moved just a little bit.

"Max!?" I yelled.

She slowly fluttered her eyes open. "Holy shit you're alive!" I screamed.

El and I tackled her with loving hugs. "Ow! Ow! my rib!" Max yelled.

"Sorry!" El and I apologized in unison.

"We missed you so much Max." I said tearing up.

"Oh wow look at you tearing up for me." she laughed.

"Of course I will, you're our best friend." I smiled.

"I'm going to the bathroom." El said leaving the room.

there was a little moment of absolute silence, then Max spoke up.

"Hey y/n." She whispered. "Yeah?" I said.

"I was hit, by Billy; multiple times, except...he didn't seem like himself, it was an outburst because a couple of minutes before, he was totally fine." She explained.

"Holy shit." I cursed.

"What?" she asked.

"Do you realize what this means? Max, last night I had a vision and it showed me that the Upside Down isn't really gone, it's still there, waiting for the perfect moment to attack." I explained, she was the only one I told about my vision.

"Shit, what do we do? Do we tell anyone?" she questioned.

"No, not until I'm sure." I said "Sure of what?"

"I need to see for myself if Billy is..." I said but I couldn't continue because it pained me to break such thoughts to her.

"If he's what?" she asked defensively.

"If he's a host."

I grabbed a small rag from the table and wrapped it around my eyes.

"Do you see anything?" she asked. "Shhh." I shushed.

"Sorry." I then started to focus more and more till a tall lean figure with a mullet. I could see him from the back, then he turned around to face me.

I quickly took off the blindfold, "What!? Did you see anything suspicious?" Max asked eagerly.

"I think he saw me, he knows that I spied on him." I looked down in fear.

"No, It's not him, impossible." she was in denial.

"We don't know that." I said.

"Cmon he's Billy, in how many ways can he be useful?" She defended.

"That doesn't matter, the energy will make him stronger and almost unstoppable." I explained.

"It's not him, we're not sure yet."

"I'm sorry Max."

-

hi im back this will
probably be the last chapter for a while, because i want to enjoy my summer but i also don't wanna leave u guys hanging so i hope u enjoyed this chapter bye i love u