Chapter 2

Alyson lugged the heavy box up a flight of stairs and down a long hallway, she nearly screamed in joy as Hayden opened the door to their room.  She imagined this is what it felt like to move into a house together expect they had a lot more housemates. Though living in a big house with a lot of people wasn't new to her this house had a lot more people and was much bigger than her family home...oh and also was full of Werewolves!

She was excited to meet everyone here. She hoped they would like her because if she wasn't liked by Hayden's family this whole situation could be compromised.  She smiled softly at the room it had a large window making the room bright and happy. The room was smaller than she'd thought her own room at home or the room she stayed at in the old Maikoh house. It already had a warmth that the Maikoh's house was filled with and her old home lacked. 

Hayden looked back to her and gave her a small nervous smile as he put his pile of boxes on the floor.

"What do you think, I know it's a bit small but a least we got a room away from the others, all three of my brothers have to share a room," Hayden says laughing.

"Well, I think it would be awkward if we had to share a room with them and I love it! Tha window is amazing," Alyson said her voice light as she placed her own box next to his discarded one.

"Good, because I don't like sharing," Hayden said. Alyson almost gagged at how cheesy it was.

"Oh god don't start that," Alyson said rolling her eyes at him and laughing.

"What?" He asked in fake innocence.

"You know exactly what," Alyson said gently pushing his chest. He met her challenge by lifting her over his shoulder like she was a sack of potatoes. Alyson burst into a fit of giggles as she tries to struggle against his firm grip. As she wormed around she heard someone clear their throat. Hayden set her down a blush appearing on both Hayden's and Alyson's face. Alyson looked up to see an older woman standing here her sharp chocolate eyes were bright with amusement.

"Ah, young love. I'm sorry to interrupt whatever that was but your father is wondering where you disappeared to. There are still loads of boxes to get unloaded," she said to Hayden effectively ignoring Alyson's presence. Her gaze was strong and hard yet it was filled with the kind of love only a mother had.

"Aunt Sarah, we were just enjoying the view for a second, we were just about to head back down," he said meeting Alyson's eyes briefly before looking back at his aunt.

"I sure hope so," she said moving from the door frame and gesturing for them to leave the room. As they exited the older woman grabbed Alyson. Hayden stopped too and gave her a questioning look.

"I need to speak with her, you go back and help your father," she said her tone making Alyson slightly nervous. Hayden's gaze locked with Alyson's before he offered her a gentle smile and nodded. His eyes held a smudge of fear that only made Alyson's nerves spike even more.

When Hayden left, Alyson felt vulnerable.

"Come with me," Aunt Sarah said pulling her into a small office.

"While living under my roof there are some rules I'd like to establish," she says her eyes piercing Alyson.

"Certainly, I'm more than grateful to you for allowing me to live here," Alyson nodded. Aunt Sarah looked surprised by her respectfulness.

"You are a half-breed if I remember correctly?" she asks.

"Yes, Ma'am as far as I know,"  Alyson says trying to be respectful.

"That means you are less than us. If a wolf gives an order you are to listen to it. As far as Pack life you are our omega. You are to eat last and only speak when spoken to. You shall hold your tongue when the rest of the pack speaks. Am I understood?" she says her words already making Alyson weary of her. Alyson had a few points of concern mainly the part where she was less than them. She waited for the woman to finish.