10

"Son! JUNGKOOK-AH!" Called Mrs. Jeon. Jungkook then rushed to see his Mom. 

"Mom. Why?" Asked Jungkook and approached his Mom who was busy preparing the ingredients she'll use to cook their lunch. 

"Help me with these. Your Aunt will be here sooner than I expected. I need to finish cooking before they come. Is it okay for you? You're not doing anything important, right?" His Mom asked concerned if she's disturbing his son. Jungkook smiled brightly and hugged his mom. 

"Mom. It's okay. I was just playing games. So, what should I do? Hmm?" 

"The cabbage... ah, rinse it well." 

"Okay Mo-" 

"And chop the carrots into cubes." 

"Copied." Jungkook answered and salutes his Mom. She just laughed on his son's silliness. 

Minutes after the two prepared the table, they heard the bell ring. 

"Son. Go open the door. That's probably your Aunt." Jungkook didn't bother answering and just went straight to open the door. 

"Hi-" Jungkook stopped when he saw who was behind the woman he was greeting- it was Jimin. 

"Are you Jungkook?" Jungkook snapped back to reality when the one his mom referred to as 'Aunt' asked. 

"Ah... yes Aunt-" 

"Call me Aunt Je." 

"Aunt Je, come in. Mom's waiting at the kitchen." Jungkook opened the door and welcomed the two. Still clueless. What's happening? Jimin and Jungkook both were thinking. They can't help but exchange looks out of confusion. 

"Jimin, come here. Greet your Aunt Sae." Jimin's mom called. Jimin secretly touched Jungkook's hands and then went towards his Mom and greeted Jungkook's Mom. Though the two doesn't have any idea of the current situation, they didn't ask anything and just let their parents catch up on each other's life throughout the time that they were eating lunch. 

Jungkook texted Jimin since they really couldn't talk. 

"Hyung. Why don't we tell them about us?" 

Jimin looked at Jungkook when he receive his message and eventually replied. 

"I can't bring myself to say it. Can you?" 

"Do you agree with my suggestion?" 

"Yes. It's up to you." 

"Okay. I'll do it." 

Jimin slightly smiled at Jungkook and cheered him up. 

"Mom-" 

"Ah by the way. Jungkook and Jimin you two should talk, you haven't seen each other for a while. Didn't you miss each other? Jungkook, remember the hyung you're always playing with when you were a kid? It's your cousin, Jimin."

Jimin and Jungkook's eyes widened as they heard what Jungkook's mom said. They were both shocked that no one dared say a word. 

"Cousin?" Jungkook unconciously uttered, his voice was fainting, it was almost unheard.