eleven.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them" Fury said throwing a few cards onto the glass table, most of them being stained with blood.

I shifted in my chair, Steve and Tony doing the same, all of out of our uniforms. "We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you, lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming" Fury continued, Steve shuffling through the trading cards, looking at each blood covered drawing of him with a hard expression on his face.

"Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier" He said, looking directly at me.

"There was an idea, Stark and Ivankova know this, called The Avengers Initiative" he continued, taking a breath, Stark and I looking at each other quickly. "The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could"

"Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes" Fury added to his speech. Tony sighed, getting up and just walking away, clearly not wanting to hear anymore.

"It's an old fashion notion, something you two should be familiar with" Fury said, looking from myself to Steve. "I really need to go see Clint" I said, standing up from the chair, walking out of the room as well.

!

I opened up the door to one of the medical room that Clint was being held in, the small glass window on the door frosted so no one could see in.

I knocked on the door lightly before opening it, poking my head in to see Clint strapped to a table, Natasha sitting in a chair against the wall, laying her head against it. She looked over at me, smiling as I made my way I to the room. "How's he doing?" I whispered, Clint eyes closed as he peacefully breathed to a beat.

"He hasn't woken up yet, not since I hit him" She said to me as I leaned on the wall opposite her. "And you think it snapped him out of the mind control?" I asked her, looking at Clint.

"Yeah it's Cognitive" she started before i finished her sentence. "Recalibration, I know". "But neither of us know if it will work on what ever spell Loki had on him" I added, looking at Clint.

"We just have to wait to find out I guess" Nat answered me, shifting in her seat. Clint's leg twitched, causing both of us to look at him.

Next his arm twitched, his eyes opening slowly, his whole body shaking and thrashing, the restraints keeping him down. "Hey Clint, you're going to be okay" I said, making my way to the side of his bed, watching as he tried to shake off the spell.

"And you know that? I've got to flush him out" Clint groaned through gritted teeth, his fist clenched and his veins bulging. "It's going to take time" Natasha said to him, standing next to me and crossing her arms.

"I don't understand. Have you ever has someone take your brain and play? Pull you out and send something else in? Do you know what it's like to be unmade?" Clint barked at her, his leg twitching.

"You know I do" She replies quietly. "How did you get him out?" Clint asked, staring at the ceiling as he continued to push, trying to regain control of his body. "Cognitive recalibration" Natasha told him as he relaxed, lying still. He looked over at me confused. "She hit you really hard in the head" I reiterated, unstrapping the restraints around his wrists.

"Thanks" he said, undoing the other one himself with his now free hand. "Tasha, how many agents?" Clint asked Nat, knowing I wouldn't answer. "Don't, don't do that to yourself, Clint. This is Loki, this is monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for" Natasha told him, staring him down.

"Loki, he got away?" Clint said, looking at both of us. "Yeah, I don't suppose you know where?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow. "I didn't need to know, I didn't ask. He's gonna make his play soon though. Today." he replied to me, sitting up and stretching his legs out.

"But, if I put an arrow in Loki's eye socket, I'd sleep a lot better" He added, tacking his knuckles. "And Clint is back" Nat said, clapping him on the shoulder.

"Has anyone called Laura?" I asked, looking at Nat. "No, not yet" She replied, shaking her head lightly. "I'll do it" I said, placing my hand on Clint's shoulder.

"Good to have you back Clint" I said with a small smile before nodding at Natasha and leaving the room, fishing my phone out of my pocket and scrolling through my contacts.

"Hey Laura, it's me"

——

A/N: Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I have gone MIA for a few weeks now but i'm back I promise.
I've been focusing on another one of my books, WAVE, which is a hunger games fanfic *Cough, go check it out, Cough*
Anyway, please vote and comment and i'll love you forever

 I've been focusing on another one of my books, WAVE, which is a hunger games fanfic *Cough, go check it out, Cough* Anyway, please vote and comment and i'll love you forever