twenty-four.

I pulled up the black car into the gravel drive, fields surrounding us as the car came to a halt

I pulled up the black car into the gravel drive, fields surrounding us as the car came to a halt. Natasha unbuckled her seat belt as I removed the keys from the ignition, stepping out of the car.

We made our way up the porch stairs and in front of the red door, the wind lightly blowing, causing the porch swing to creak slightly. Nat rung the bell that sat at the side, a dog inside starting to bark, running towards the front door.

"Who is it?" Clint said in his dog voice, presumably following the dog to the door, trying to stop him from barking. The lock clicked as Clint swung open the door, revealing him in a flannel shirt, a towel thrown over his shoulder. "Hey guys" He said to us, pulling his head back, motioning us to come inside, which we did gladly.

As we stepped inside the smell of cookies hit us in the face, the hallway clean and decor tasted nicely. We walked into the living room, which was messy yet at the same time neat, toys sitting here and there. "You baking?" I asked Clint, sniffing the air again.

"Never thought I'd see the day" Natasha chirped from behind me, making her way to the bar stools, taking a seat and looking into the kitchen. "Yeah, thought I'd greet my oldest friends with some cookies" he said as I sat in a chair next to Nat, Clint standing on the other side of the counter, leaning against the one behind him.

"Please don't tell me you actually made them" I started, pointing at them before turning to Natasha. "Do you remember the brownies? We ended up with food poisoning" I said to Nat, getting thrown back to the time I was hunched over the toilet.

"That was not my fault" Clint said to us both, pointing at me, defending himself. "They were box brownies" Nat said to him, her voice raised slightly causing us all to laugh.

"Laura made them just so you know" He said to us quietly before we heard sets of footsteps coming down the stairs. "Auntie Ally" Lila shouted, running into the living room and seeing me sitting there.

"I'm here too" Natasha said under her breath, following suit and turning around and hoping off the chair as Lila crashed into me once I had knelt down, wrapping my arms around her. "How you doing?" I said to her as she pulled away, giving Natasha a hug.

"Hey, Coop" I said hugging Cooper, who was beaming at me with a smile. "Did you bring it?" He whispered to me, causing me to look behind me, making sure Clint wasn't paying attention, seeing him holding Lila in his arms as they spoke to Natasha.

"Here" I said, crouching down and pulling a small piece of rock from my pocket, holding it out to him. "It's from the sidewalk that I fought an alien on" I whispered with a small smile as he took the rock from my hand.

"Cool" He said in amazement, looking down at the rock with glee in his eyes. "Don't show your mom" I told him as he pushed it into his pocket, putting his finger to his lips, telling me he'd keep it a secret.

"Hey, Ally" Laura said coming in the room, a flowing top on and a smile on her face. "Hi" I said with a matching smile, she engulfed me in a hug that she was famous for. "I heard you made the cookies" I said as I pulled away from her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders as we turned back to everyone else.

"I didn't want Clint to kill you guys again" she said with a laugh, causing us all to laugh as well. "It was one time" Clint shouted at us all, passing Lila onto Natasha. "Mommy, look what Auntie Ally gave me" Cooper shouted, running up to Laura and holding out the stone I gave him.

"Cooper" I exclaimed, causing him to look at me with a smile, him knowing exactly what he did wrong. "Wow, a rock" Laura said confused, taking the rock from him and looking at it. "She killed an alien on it" Cooper told her, putting his hands behind his back and nodding her head.

"She did" Laura relied, looking at me with her eyebrow raised, holding the rock up. "Cooper" I said again, biting my lip and looking over at Laura, hoping she wasn't angry. "How many kids can say they have a rock an alien died on?" I countered, taking the rock from Laura and passing it back to Cooper, who ran to show his dad.

"It had no chitari blood on it, it has no Ally blood on it" I clarified, holding my hands up in surrender. "It's just a chunk of sidewalk" I added to her, causing her to crack a smile at me. "Fine, but next thing you bring back from a mission for my son it better be a bookmark" she said with a laugh, Cooper still showing everyone his new souvenir.

"Done"

——

A/N: I'm pumping out the chapters at this point because they are all fillers and I love writing fillers because I can make it all up myself.
I thought i'd add in some interaction between Ally and Clint's family, especially with Laura so I can build their friendship for later books!
Please vote and comment and i'll see you probably later today lol

 I thought i'd add in some interaction between Ally and Clint's family, especially with Laura so I can build their friendship for later books!Please vote and comment and i'll see you probably later today lol