nineteen.

We all kept fighting until Tony told us he had managed to steer the missile off of its flight path, steering it up into the sky

We all kept fighting until Tony told us he had managed to steer the missile off of its flight path, steering it up into the sky. Steve came in behind me, helping me kill the remaining aliens that were attacking me.

We fought the remaining one together, me muttering my thanks to him before we both watched as Tony's suit came into view, the large missile attached to the top of his suit. Thor landed down next to us as well, all three of us staring as we watched Tony fly up and into the black hole that was the portal.

I could imagine the tension in SHIELD right now, knowing Fury would never authorise a nuke to hit New York, it was clearly from a stray bird which was over ruled be the board. New York's only hope was Tony Stark.

"Oh my god" I said as he disappeared, all of us clenching our fists in both worry and anticipation. "Tony?" I said quietly over my comms, hoping to hear something, anything back. Nothing came through eventually, but the blinding lights of an explosion was visible through the portal, hopefully wherever these things were coming from being blown to an oblivion. All of the aliens fell to the ground, lifeless, the large flying ones falling into the ground as well.

"Nothing" I said to Steve, a frown on my face as I shook my head lightly. I exhaled deeply, Steve's expression asking if I was saying what he thought I was. I nodded my head while biting my bottom lip, Steve sighing before looking back up at the sky.

"Close it" He told Natasha, causing me to fear my eyes away from the portal, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath before looking back up again. "But he's still-" she interjected, before Steve had to cut her off again.

"Close it" Steve said harder, his jaw clenched as his eyes looked over at me before looking back up at the black hole like I was. She must have done something, the blue tunnel like light staring got fade, the tear in the sky shrinking ever so slightly by the second.

Just before the portal could close a small figure came falling out of it, hurtling towards the city. "Son of a gun" Steve scoffed as we watched him, hoping his suit would kick in and he would start flying any second now. "He isn't slowing down" Thor said from next to me as Tony's figure started falling in between two skyscrapers.

He started swinging his hammer but before he could take off Hulk leaped from building to building, grabbing Tony in one fo his massive hands before landing on the side of another building, gripping on. "He's going to squish him" I joked, shaking my head and watched as he jumped from building to building before landing in front of us three, dropping Tony's armoured body in front of us.

"C'mon" I said kneeling down next to him, ripping the front of his helmet off and slapping him in the face. I lowered me ear down to his face, trying to see if he was still alive or not.

"He isn't breathing" I said, collapsing back onto my butt, sitting and staring at Tony's body. Steve sighed next to me, looking down at the floor. Thor places his hammer down on the floor, Hulk taking a step closer to us. He roared loudly in Tony's face, giving me a slight fright.

All of the sudden Tony took a deep breath in, his eyes widening as he lifted his head off of the ground. "Oh my god" I scoffed with a small smile, climbing back onto the knees, looking down at Tony who's eyes were farting around him. "What's the hell happened?" he said looking over at me.

"Please tell me no one kissed me" He added, laying his helmeted head back onto the ground with a clink. "We won" I breathed out, causing him to nod slightly. "Good job guys. Hey, let's just not come in tomorrow" he told us, closing his eyes lightly and resting.

"Let's just take the day. Have you ever had shawarma? I saw a shawarma place joint about two blocks from here, I don't know what it is but I want to try it" He rambled, looking at Steve who stood there with his eyebrow raised. "We are not finished yet" Thor grumbled, looking up at Stark tower.

"And then shawarma after"

——

A/N: So that's a wrap with the battle of new york!
as I said I'm going to put in a bunch of fillers now until I start the next book, which takes place in The Winter Soldier. We are all thinking the same thing I promise!
please vote and comment and i'll see y'all later

 We are all thinking the same thing I promise!please vote and comment and i'll see y'all later