twenty-two.

I gripped onto Steve's hand as I pulled him into the large building

I gripped onto Steve's hand as I pulled him into the large building. He had his blue cap on, a pair of glasses covering his eyes. I wore an identical red hat over my messy brown waves, hoping our measly disguises hid our faces from eagles eyes.

"What's up with superhero's and stupid disguises" I said as I pulled him onto the escalator, leading him to a specific Smithsonian display.

"No one ever recognises me anyway, plus you shove on a pair of glasses and no one knows who you are" he said with a smile, trying to see where we were going.

"No peaking, plus someone is bound to know who you are when you see where we are going" I said, glancing down at the end of the escalator.

"What is this place?" he asked as I pulled him last a large display of a NASA rocket, slowing down to let him see.

"The Smithsonian, it's like a massive museum" I clarified, lightly tugging him to another long escalator.

"What are we looking at?" he asked me, as I turned around to look at him. "You'll see" I said, a little nervously.

I don't know how he would react, showing him this may bring up some old memories that he may not like. When I first came I hated it, seeing all of my old friends that i thought i'd never see again, and the small placard that read THE LIFE OF ALLISON COOPER, struck a small nerve.

"Why won't you tell-" he started as the escalator reared the bottom. Steve looked up, seeing his very own face plastered on the walls.

I took his hand in mines once more, taking him to the large wall that had a picture of Captain America on it.

We stood in front of it as Steve looked around, a unreadable expression on his face. "Steve?" I asked, looking up at him.

"What is this?" he asked, started to walk, pulling me along with him. "It's a display, dedicated to Captain America, and the commandos" I said pointing over to the mannequins that had mocks of our old uniforms on.

"Come look at this" I said pulling him over to the information boards that was all about Steve's life. "Steven Grant Rogers signed up for the US army in 1945" I read out, squeezing his hand lightly.

He scoffed lightly, reliving the moment through the words. I looked to my left, seeing a small boy looking at the pictures of Bucky, Steve and I. He must of sensed I was looking at him, turning to face me, looking between Steve and I.

His eyes widened, looking between us and the picture. I smiled lightly, lifting my finger to my lips, indicating him to keep it a secret.

He nodded his head slightly, before running away. I turned back to Steve pulling him towards the pictures the boy was previously looking at.

We stood in front of the small screen, a black and white video of Steve, Bucky and I laughing with each other, all almost crying. The video changed, showing Bucky running around with me on his back, trying to dodge the ping pong balls Steve was throwing at us.

"Where's yours?" he asked me, looking around the clearing. I smiled weakly, pulling towards one of the boards in the middle of the room, a very familiar picture sitting on the board, writing over it. "The life of Allison Cooper" Steve started reading.

"Allison Cooper joined the US army in 1943, working as an Agent, as in those days it was all a women could be" He continued, looking down at the screen that was flipping through pictures of me in different poses in my uniform.

"Bunch of shit" I laughed, looking over at Steve who gave me a concerned look. "Sorry" I said quietly, looking away from him quickly. "No, it's fine, it's just sometimes I forget you aren't the Ally I met in the war" He said to me, a small frown on his face.

"I'm the same person, just a different name. I didn't act like someone else the whole time" I said to him, he smiled down at me before getting distracted, a certain voice ringing through speakers.

"That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line" Peggy said on the screen, causing me to have a small smile on my face as we walked over to stand in front of it.

"Steve, Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand men, including the man who would become my husband as it turned out" As she mentioned her husband Steve's face fell, it was almost audible.

"Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life" She finished, laughing lightly, a wide grin on her face. Steve looked down at me, an unreadable expression on his face. "You okay?" I asked him, scared that he won't handle it very well.

I still hasn't told him that Peggy was still alive yet, but Dylan had called me the other day telling me that they had to sign her into a care home, her dementia being too much now. I took a deep breath out before he grabbed me hand, squeezing it in his gently.

"Thanks for bringing me here" he said to me with a smile, which I could tell was pretty forced but he was too nice to not thank me.

"Anytime"

——

A/N: So steve visits the museum in WS but i'm guessing it wasn't his first time there, so let's imagine that Ally took him for the first time
please vote and comment and i'll see you later

A/N: So steve visits the museum in WS but i'm guessing it wasn't his first time there, so let's imagine that Ally took him for the first time please vote and comment and i'll see you later