twenty-five.

I stood alone in the long elevator, my feet sinking into the carpeted floor

I stood alone in the long elevator, my feet sinking into the carpeted floor. I tapped my nails against the silver railing on the wall as the elevator doors opened on the 2nd floor.

I stepped out, taking a left and walking down the hall and knocking on a door in the left side of the hall gently. I didn't wait for a response, slipping into the room, seeing a sleeping Peggy in the bed. I closed the door, creeping over to the chair next to the bed, taking a seat in it.

Peggy's breathing was steady, that and the ticking of the clock the only noises in the room. "Peg" I whispered, taking her fragile hand in mines. Her eyes fluttered open slowly, looking over at me and a smile instantly shining on her face.

"Ally" She croaked, squeezing my hand lightly. "Hi" I replied, a smile lighting up my face as well. "Look" She said to me, turning slowly and reaching for the photo frame that sat on the table next to her showing me it.

There was a picture of Dylan's 10th birthday party, Dylan sitting in the middle of Peggy and I, both of us kissing one of his cheeks. Dylan had a party hat on, a wide smile beaming on his face. "I got it printed, last week, it's a beauty isn't it" she said to me, running her fingers over our faces, her accent as smooth as it was 40 years ago.

"Dylan looks super cute" I said with a smile, taking the picture from her and acting like it was just his birthday last week. "Yeah, he's so grown up" She said with a smile, leaning her head back onto her pillow once again, her bed tilted at an angle so she was sitting up.

"Peggy, I have something to tell you" I said, setting the picture back onto the table, taking me hand in mines once again. She looked over at me intently, her forehead wrinkled as well as her hair greying. 

"You remember Steve?" I asked her sweetly, a small somber smile on my face as I did. Her face immediately lit up, a wide smile on her face as she beamed back at me. "Steve" She repeated, the name familiar on her lips.

"He's still alive, Peggy" I told her, wanting to rip the band aid off straight away. As soon as I said there was no change in her face, still beaming with a smile. "Of course he is" she simply said back to me, turning her head away from me.

"We just saw him yesterday" She laughed, looking around the room quickly, her smile vanishing, before looking back at me. "Ally, when did you get here?" She asked me, her head cocking to the side.

I lowered my head, sighing quickly before looking back up at her. "Just 5 minutes ago" I told her, shrugging my shoulders.

The doctors told us it wasn't going to be easy, and living in a world like we did, nothing was ever easy, but adding on Peggy's memory loss on top of that, and it was always a day in hell for her.

"Is Josh with you?" she asked me, looking around the room for one of her sons. "No, Josh is still in London" I told her with a reassuring nod.

"Oh yeah, with Lisa?" She asked me, her daughter in law still a name she was familiar with. "Yes with Lisa" I confirmed, still nodding my head slowly. Peggy smiled back at me, laying her head won the pillow and closing her eyes again.

I let go of her hand gently, leaning back in the chair I was in, preparing to reintroduce myself in the next 5 minutes.

——

A/N: So here's some of Peggy, I loved writing about their friendship through out the last book and this one so i really enjoyed writing this!
I have quite a few chapters lined up, so i'm just going to upload them all right now!
Please vote and comment and i'll see you in a matter of minutes

A/N: So here's some of Peggy, I loved writing about their friendship through out the last book and this one so i really enjoyed writing this! I have quite a few chapters lined up, so i'm just going to upload them all right now!Please vote and comm...