sixteen.

The scraping noise of metal against stone rung through my ears, causing me to cringe at the splitting noise, my grip tightening on my staff as my knuckles turned white, mentally telling myself not to covering my ears from the sound

Thought we're racing through my head, mainly about fight patterns. Human opponents were easy to fight, they were predictable with the move they were going to throw next. Yet the aliens that were falling towards us weren't, I had clearly never fought one before so I didn't know how they fight plus the guns they were carrying looked like they packed a punch.

I swallowed the lump that was resting in my throat, getting ready to start fighting the soldiers screeching at us. I looked around at Steve, who nodded at me quickly before turning and smacking an alien in the head with his shield, causing it to fall.

I held my baton in both hands, a soldier coming near me as I struck it in the neck, clicking the button on the baton handle and sending waves of electricity through the creature. I grunted as I ducked out of the way of a blue blast that had come from another's gun, hitting a taxi behind me which flipped over, now in flames.

I kicked it away from me, giving me time to strike forward and hit it with my baton, sending it to the floor. I attempted to keep all of the creatures away from me, which was difficult considering they were constantly firing and lunging at me from all directions.

Out of no where there was large blasts hitting the middle of the road in front of Steve, Natasha, Clint and I. All the aliens turned to look at it, seeing Tony standing there firing from the hands of of suits. They all started running after him as he took off, flying at a low level as he let them chase him, taking the load off of us. The screeching and whizzing noises from the creatures flying above us. There was still blasts coming from up above, shooting holes into the concrete, causing it to fly up around us and sending cars flying.

"Shit" I said as I dived behind the flipped taxi to miss a flying piece of concrete, everyone else doing the same. "Has anyone seen Banner?" Tony asked us, presumably still letting the aliens chase him.

"Banner?" Steve asked him, as if he had no idea who Bruce was, or if he forgot that he was the incredible Hulk. "Keep me posted" He replied as we saw his suit flying over the top of us, hopefully already having killed all the aliens. There was the noise of glass shattering, a figure hitting the floor next to us, a man in a suit lying there, his limbs twisted. My eyes widened as Steve tan over to him, checking his pulse. I looked up into the sky, looking from where he jumped, seeing people poke their head out of the glass window, blue lights behind them.

"There's civilians up there" I shouted at them, trying to be heard over all of the noise. "Go" Clint told me, looking over the top of the taxi and firing at the soldiers Steve was struggling to keep off of him, I split my staff into two batons again, clicking them onto my back.

I partially stood up, crouching as I ran into the building, finding a stairwell and barging into it, taking the stairs two at a time. People were running down the stairs against me, trying to get away from the aliens attacking them. "Help" someone screamed as I saw a soldier standing over a women in a grey dress, ready to fire. I pulled a pistol out of my holster firing twice directly into the aliens head, sending blood all over the lady who was sobbing as she hugged her legs to her chests.

"Run, go into the subway" I said to her, lending her a hand and pulling her up before she ran down the stairs to safety. I pushed past a man and pulled open the door to see a soldier shooting at the people running away. I ducked as I rolled behind a flipped desk, barely missing a blast of blue.

I crouched as I fired over the top of the desk, peering over trying to make sure my aim was okay. It wasn't. I pulled my arms back down next to me as the alien realised I was fighting back, changing their target to me. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't fire at me" I mumbled, standing up and leaping over the desk, running as fast as possible before it could kill me, kicking it straight out of the broken window behind it, sending it flying down to the concrete.

"Fore" I shouted down the window, leaning out of it slightly to see Natasha firing at aliens circling her. I leaned against the metal from the window frame, aiming at the aliens and helping her shoot them. "I've got you" I shouted at her to save her from having to look up at me.

I looked down at the ground once more, civilians screaming as they ran away, before looking back into the building which was now empty. I sighed grabbing both my batons and clicking them together before jumping out of the window, falling in the air before landing on the concrete crouched down, my hand holding my staff the other on the concrete as I looked up at Steve who whacked an alien to the floor. There were whirring noises as 20 aliens flew over us, firing at the road under the bridge, explosions happening left and right, cars flipping as people ran screaming their heads off.

"They need help down there" I told Steve, pointing past the bridge at the masses of fire. "You two go, we can handle this" Natasha said, firing with both of her pistols over a flipped car. "You sure?" Steve said, turning to Clint who looked at the 5 aliens approaching us.

"Captain, it'll be my genuine pleasure" Clint said, pushing a button on the bottom of his automated quill, causing it to change the tip of his arrow to an electric one. He placed the arrow in his bow, firing at an alien, which the arrow latched onto the alien, electrifying it.

"I think they have it covered up here"

——

A/N: i'm not the biggest fan of this chapter, but i'll be dragging out the Battle of New York for quite a few more chapter so IM SORRY because I suck at writing fight scenes.
Anyway, please vote and comment and I'll see you later