twenty-nine.

"Fun fact" I said, bursting into Natasha's small office, her sitting behind her desk, her chin in her hand as she dozed off, getting a fright when I shouted at her

"Fun fact" I said, bursting into Natasha's small office, her sitting behind her desk, her chin in her hand as she dozed off, getting a fright when I shouted at her. "Holy sh-" she started, jostling awake almost falling out of her chair.

"A new coffee shop opened downtown" I said to her, sitting in one of the chairs pushed against the wall, grabbing the file she was reading and reading over it quickly. "This is all wrong" I said with a scoff, throwing it back on her desk, causing her to gesture to me rudely before leaning her head back on the table.

"Did you not sleep last night?" I asked her, causing her too look up at me, both of her hands of either side of her face as she squinted at me. "No" She said bluntly before she slammed her head back onto the table, her fiery red hair spanning around her.

"Where were you?" I asked her, getting up from my seat and starting to close the blinds from the windows that lined the wall. "Mission" she grumbled as I closed the final blind, blocking out most of the light as I went to the switch, using the knob to dim the fluorescent bulbs down a little.

"Does a mission smell like" I started, walking up to her and taking a whiff of the smell surrounding her. "Tequila?" I added, going back to my seat and sitting down again, rolling my eyes at her as I put my elbow on my knee, setting my chin on my hand.

She swore at me once more, not even lifting her head to look at me she did so, causing me to scoff lightly. "Where was my invite anyway?" I asked her, pretty offended that my best friend went out without me. "You're no fun to go out with, you can't get drunk" her muffled voice rung out to me, her face in her arm.

"Did you even go home?" I asked her, trying to see what she was wearing, which I couldn't see, only seeing her black top the rest under the desk. She lifted her head, bending down and throwing one of her heels at me, which I looked at then sat down next to my chair. "You know, as your boss this doesn't look good for you" I remarked, finding her other shoe coming flying at my face, having to catch it before it could hit me.

"Maybe i'll just go ask Claire from accounting if she wants to come to the new coffee shop with me then" I said sarcastically, setting her other shoe down next to the other. "Don't bother, she's just as bad as me this morning" Natasha said to me as she shifted her position, slouching back in her chair and putting her hands on her stomach.

"You went out with Claire from accounting but you didn't invite me?" I asked my voice raised, shocked that they even spoke to each other, let alone that Claire from accounting would want to go drinking with Natasha. "You're talking way too loud" She retorted to me, holding her hand out to me, indicating me to stop.

"I'm assuming Rose from IT also had an invite?" I asked her, trying to go through all the options of who I could invite to this new coffee shop I was excited to try. "No but Lauren from weapons was there so rule her out as well" She said to me, her head hanging over the back of her swivel chair.

"You really invited all of these people but didn't think about sending me a text?" I asked her, sitting up straight and pushing some of my hair behind my ear. "You're also kinda everyone's boss, which adds to the you're no fun aspect of things" Natasha told me, pointing her finger and wagging it lazily at me, still half asleep.

"Maybe I won't be giving you any of the aspirin in my top drawer then" I told her, standing up and putting the lights straight back to full beam. "Wait no" Natasha said, reaching her hand out to me, snapping out of her daze and looking at me.

"Sorry, no invite no aspirin"

——

A/N: So i've decided that there will only be one more chapter left!!
Not sure how I want this book to end but I guess il figure it out at some point.
Please vote and comment and I will see you all next time