thirteen.

I walked down the hall, trailing my hand along the smooth wall as I went, walking towards where I knew Tony would be

I walked down the hall, trailing my hand along the smooth wall as I went, walking towards where I knew Tony would be. As much as everyone seemed to act like they had no idea what was going on in Tony's head, he was also the most predictable person ever.

I had known Coulson for a long time, since he was basically fresh meat within SHIELD, running around at Fury's heels. I had helped him at some points like when he was Level 6, and he was learning to memorise all the codes to get into the armoury rooms. He was presumably on duty with Fury when I found him outside the west wing armoury, typing in code after code and always getting them wrong.

I took a turn, pushing the button with the back of my hand which opened up to what used to be Loki's cell, now just an empty room with a very large well in the middle of it. Tony was standing at the edge of one of the walkways, his hands behind his back as he looked down.

"Do you know if he was married?" Tony said to me, having sensed my presence as I copied him, going to the other walkway and leaning against the railing, looking over at him. "No, there was a cellist I think" I replied, crossing my arms. "He was an idiot" Tony scoffed, looking over at me. "For believing in us?" I asked him, causing him to turn to look at me, an unreadable expression on his face.

"For taking on Loki alone" Tony added, rolling his eyes quickly. "He was doing his job" I retorted defensively, dropping my arms and straightening my back instinctively. "Any agent would've done the exact same thing he did, hell knows I would have" I spat bluntly, my eyebrows curled. "But the difference between you and him is that you're a super soldier, he was a regular guy with a gun he didn't know how to use" Tony shouted at me, using his hands for emphasis and pointing at the large hole in the wall.

"Look, this may have been the first time someone has died on your mission but-" I started, matching his tone and volume down the runway and over to where he was. "That's the thing, this isn't my mission" he shouted back at me. "I'm not an agent like you, I'm not a Captain or a god. I am not at Fury's beck and call" he added, causing me to scoff.

"Neither am I, he now has the exact same blood on his hands that Loki does" I replied as he made his way towards me, looking down at the blood stain on the wall. "He made it personal" Tony said quietly, looking back over at me.

"So what?" I asked him, shrugging my shoulders. "That's his point, he hit us all right where we live" Tony continued, turning around and walking over to the blood stain on the wall. "Well technically you don't live her-" I started, Tony interrupting me for the second time today. He shot me a look, telling me this was clearly no time to be cracking jokes, a concentrated look on his face. Which happened to make him look a lot like Howard.

"To tear us apart, why waste your energy fighting your opponents when they can fight each other" I said to him, causing him to crouch at the blood stain, looking at it. "He had to conquer his greed, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right?" Tony said, standing up and putting his hand on his chin, picking at his beard. "That's what he wants. He wants to beat us and he wants to be seen doing it, he wants an audience" I said, finishing his thought. "Yeah" Tony said pointing at me before making contact with me his eyes wide.

"He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built in the skies with his name plastered-" He continued, causing me to catch onto his train of thought.

"Son of a bitch"

——

A/N: so this chapter is really short and i'm sorry but oh well I couldn't think of anything else.
This is a real scene in the movie, though it happens between Steve and Tony, but I wanted a little tension between Ally and Tony for once
Anyway please vote and comment and i'll see y'all tomorrow

 This is a real scene in the movie, though it happens between Steve and Tony, but I wanted a little tension between Ally and Tony for once Anyway please vote and comment and i'll see y'all tomorrow