Chapter Sixteen: Calming Down

"The king, your father, told me that not only I need to teach you how to handle the kingdom's affair, but also the core subjects," Slapping the assessment test she prepared earlier with the system onto the table, she continued, "Which is why I prepared a certain test for you three to evaluate your intelligence."

One of Serenity's eyebrows twitch when she looked at the reaction of the princes in front of her. Everett is blatantly ignoring her, Zephyr kept on laughing randomly which gives her the chills and Winston who is looking at the scenery outside the window as if he is in his own little world.

"So will you please take this test seriously?" She gritted out of her clenched teeth.

Everett only snorted, "Who are you to order us?"

"I was chosen and assigned by your father. Although i'm a woman, can't you atleast respect your father's decision?"

Tilting his chin up and acting all arrogant like, Everett, without even batting an eyelash, spit on the test she prepared.

"I'm not touching it."

"....."

Can I kill him? Please?

[Host, although he is not one of the main characters, you'll still suffer heavy consequences if you do that.]

"Miss Lockett! I'm finished!"

Serenity's eyes widen as she looked at Zephyr's assessment test which is covered in flames. A wonder how did he even managed to do that. She quickly tried to put out the fire by stomping on it. She was a bit lucky that the fire is really small and can be easily extinguished.

Serenity isn't even finished with the first problem when she heard a paper being torn apart. Turning her head to look at Winston, she watched as how the assessment test she painstakingly worked hard on be shredded to tiny bits of pieces.

Unperturbed by Serenity's glare, Winston threw the shredded paper above his head and exclaimed, "It's snowing."

This snapped Serenity. She had enough with this nonsense! I'm not dealing with this shit today!

Literally slamming down the book she is holding on the table, Serenity suddenly laughed coldly causing the three princes to flinch, "This is how you want to play, huh? Fine. Fine. I'll play along with your games. Be warned, this is only the start."

After finally making her statement, Serenity let out the sweetest smile she could muster, "Now i'll be collecting your mess and make the assessment test, again. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Walking out of the library confidently, Serenity felt proud of herself that she is able to rein her emotions in. She didn't realize that she unconsciously walked back to the secret place she found where she took her lunch during the Scholar's Exam. Taking a deep breath, Serenity tried to calm herself down.

Serenity couldn't help but scoff. This is new.

It's not everyday that Serenity is overcome by her emotions. She is usually calm and collected. She could guess the reason behind this though.

It's because of the scroll's advice and warning earlier.

Serenity wasn't even given enough time to ponder over what happened and properly arrange her thoughts when she is suddenly whisked away by the king to start teaching his sons. If only Serenity's mind isn't too preoccupied, she would've dealt the situation earlier differently. But first she needs to calm down and later think of a strategy on how to deal the princes.

System, can you research about the princes' pasts? And how did they turned out like that?

[Yes host, i'm going to work on it now.]