Chapter Twenty One: Lucas Poppy

"What's happening? I heard someone's looking for me?"

The crowd immediately parted and out comes a handsome young man wearing a white coat. The man's silver white hair and gentle blue eyes immediately stood out from the crowd. And Serenity was taken aback, not by his looks, but by how young he is. He looks like around his early twenties and is already a skilled doctor. Especially considering the era they are in.

"Master, a patient was brought here." The servant pointed to the clinic.

The once calm young man immediately panicked, "Where's the patient? Is the patient still okay?"

Contrary to his panicked master, the servant was calm, "Yes master. A kind young miss..."

Without even listening to the servant's answer, Lucas immediately went inside the clinic and what he saw shocked him. A man with his abdomen covered in gauze is lying on the bed. He would've thought that nothing is wrong with the man if not for the blood on the floor and a tub filled with bloody water. An old woman is holding the patient's hand, presumably the wife.

"Physician Lucas!" The old woman greeted.

"What happened to the patient?" Lucas asked with a frown.

"My husband was ambushed by bandits while travelling home. He was stabbed by a knife on his abdomen. It's a good thing a friend of mine saw him and is immediately brought here."

Hearing that, Lucas slowly undid the gauze wrapped around his abdomen and was shocked to find out that the wound has been sewn quite professionally.
"Who treated him? I wasn't here earlier. If you have waited for me to come, he would've already died from blood loss."

"Master, if you listened earlier I already told you that the one who treated him is that young miss over there." The servant then pointed out Serenity from the crowd.

Lucas turned around and was met by a young woman, who looked a bit younger than him. She looked very haggard because of her sweaty face, her black hair in a messy bun and her clothes covered in blood.

"You're the one who treated him?" Lucas asked suspiciously.

"Yes."

Lucas then stared at Serenity coldly, "How did you learn how to do that? Stitches, it's a technique only known in Galeas. Even so, a few could only do it that perfectly. Who taught you?"

Serenity started to sweat nervously because of this.

[You just have to expose your medical skills, host.]

Well I couldn't let that man die, could I? It'll be against my ethics as a doctor.

[Hm. Then you could think of a way out of this, host.]

"It was my master!" Serenity blurted out.

"Who is he?"

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you that. He prefers his identity to be hidden."

Lucas frowned and remained silent. Serenity's reason is plausible becaue there are great physicians out there who are very eccentric and does not want any fame. But still, to be so young yet already so skilled.

Lucas features softens, "I'm very sorry if I was rude earlier. I was just shocked because the stitches were perfect."

Serenity didn't mind. It was only right for Physician Lucas to question her actually.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Lucas Poppy. And you are?"

With Lucas' outstretch pale white hand, Serenity felt guilty dirtying it and immediately wiped her dirty hands on a clean part of her sweater before shaking his, "Serenity Merle."