T W E L V E

scared
fearful; frightened.

Graysons pov
Army Training centre
12:30 pm

••••••

today something was off , my punches weren't right and i was completely missing the targets . I just couldn't think straight .
" gray ! your slot with Sam has started . he said for you to meet him in the gym room .. good luck man ." Daniel shook his head and laughed before winking at me and walking over to the shooting range . Daniel or Dan as i called him was the type of person who didn't show you any of their true emotions and were just a complete dick or manwhore half the time . I honestly wasn't here for friends though just to train .

Sam was standing in the boxing ring practicing , the guy didn't stop working on his skills , he's one of the best . I remember being here when i was younger and just doing some punches on an old dummy that sam had left around and one day sam spotted me and we trained for the rest of my childhood until i had been called out on some jobs here and there and then the whole situation happened with Jades Dad and brother .

Michael -jades dad
and Jordan - jades brother
were the leaders of NF ( north fighters )
a popular but secret gang that basically were the WF ( west fighters ) enemy's . I was called out on a simple job , or so i thought , just as backup but was soon thrown into a fight with the NF army when they were called out to a job thinking it was going to be small which the Northern gang thought was a great opportunity to spring into action and take a lot of our guys down . i ended up being unlucky that day and being captured and tortured until I met jade ....

+

" what's up with you today Dolan ?" sam called the sweat dripping of of him from our recent fight , i just shrugged my shoulders and continued dodging his hits until i missed .
" go cool off and meet me here sometime later , you've got too much in your head gray . is it that girl ?"

i peeled off my gloves enjoying the noise of the velcro . " nah .... just other stuff ." i lied she's been on my mind everyday i can't get away from it .
i can't get her mixed into this .

i walked back to the main training area , smiling at Emmet who was lifting some weights as i entered.
i picked up a weight and put my earplugs in enjoying some music .

+
Hours had past since i started and The cleaners had came in to clear up . I used a paper towel to get rid of the sweat covering me and threw it in the trash before getting up and grabbing my kit .

" grayson ?"
i looked up recognising the familiar voice straight away .
her smell surrounding me almost suffocating me .
her eyes dull .
her skin tired but she still looked as beautiful as the first day i seen her .

my mind was racing but one thing kept playing over and over " i can't let her get mixed up into this ." forcing me to say something i didn't want to .

" get out ."

her smile faded as she studied my face looking for some sort of clue it was a joke .

she walked closer examining me all over and using her tiny fingers to skim over my bruises and cuts .
" what happened ..." she whispered .

" you should leave ."
she didnt move but she smiled and laughed
" if you think i'm gonna leave your very mistaken . i'm staying here until you go home and that's that .
so pack your fucking shit up or i'll do it for you .." her tone was sharp full of anger and frustration .

i shook my head " i'm not leaving aislin . I'm not your tutor anymore ."

her eyes were still burning into my eyes " i thought i was atleast your friend .... was i not ?"

it hurt me so god damn much to see her upset but aislins stubborn and it was the only way for me to get through to her and for her to move on .

" WE WERE NEVER FRIENDS OR ANYTHING .... just leave p-please ."

tears spilled down her cheek as she put her middle finger up at me and then ran out .

and then i did something i've never done in years .... i cried too .

" i-i love you ." i whispered as if she would hear it .

Aislins Pov
Outside the training room

i tried my best to hold in the tears but i couldn't .
i wiped the tears . before i left i whispered something i wanted to tell grayson when i came here " i love you ."
but he doesn't love me and i'll never see him again .

" hey . how did it go ?"Amanda asked from her computer desk . i shook my head " i'm done . he's pushed me away and i've done all i could Amanda ." she looked at me sympathetically but nodded " here's my number , meet me at Costa and i'll tell you what he's not ..... okay ?"

" okay ."

•••

A/N : hey ! how are you alllllll ?
i hope this isn't confusing but once again i have a Q&A page for yall a couple chapters ago but i'm gonna add a few characters below for you to ask questions to .

AMANDA Q&A:

SAM Q&A

okay so this chapter was kinda bad but i hope yall enjoyed it anyways !!

love you all

check out my new book ;)

Z
💫