Chapter 4

Billy's POV

It only took like three days to rule this place. Apparently, some Steve guy used to be top dog around here... not anymore. I'm king around here now.

Tommy's girlfriend comes up to us with a couple of her friends. They have a smile I've seen several times. Some poor soul is about to have the worst night of their life. Clearly, the guys are looped in on this. They all wear the same smile.

"So what's going on?" I ask Tommy.

"Ah, the girls have got a bone to pick with a chick," he tells me. "Don't worry about it. Just gonna scare her a little bit."

He starts laughing. I do a lot of stupid stuff, but this may even be past me. I see the look in these guys' eyes. Scaring her may be the best outcome of this. I've seen this happen many, many times.

"You want in?" he asks.

"Nah, man."

"Whatever. Your loss."

I watch Carol and her buddies talking to a girl. It's one of the girls I saw earlier this week. It'd be a lie if I said she had not caught my eye.

I'm guessing she's the chick they're after. I'd say she's probably an outcast. She's pretty. That's for sure... but she doesn't seem like one to cause trouble. I guess they just really want to make someone's life miserable tonight.

I keep my eye on her. She just stays against the wall. She doesn't really tally to anyone. If I'm being honest, she looks rather miserable. Little does she know... her night... is about to get so much worse...

What could you have done to possibly deserve this?

Seven's POV

We've been at the party for about an hour. I've pretty much just stayed against the wall. Carol, Tina and Vicki have talked to me some, but they've been with Tommy and his guys for most of the time.

I see Jonathan walk in and wave. He waves back. He seems as awkward as I am at this thing. He makes his way over to me.

"So..." he starts.

"Yeah," I say. Neither one of us feels very comfortable here. "How did I end up here again?"

"I keep asking the same question."

"Trying to make the best of it. I mean, Carol, Tina and Vicki are talking to me."

"Is that a good thing?"

We both laugh.

"I'm not sure."

"Met anybody else?"

"Very funny," I laugh.

"Being serious."

"Meaning?"

"Maybe you can find somebody here."

By his tone, I know exactly what he means by finding somebody.

"You mean like..."

"Yeah..."

"That's hilarious," I laugh. "Never gonna happen."

Oh, but had I known. I would've never guessed... If someone had told me, I probably would've said they were lying.

As we're speaking, we see Nancy rushing to the bathroom with Steve following her. We look at each other and then to the couple. I tilt my head as if to ask Jonathan if he knows what's going on.

"I don't know what that was about."

"Neither do I."
Of course, not a few minutes after, Nancy comes storming out of the bathroom. I look to Jonathan. I nod towards Nancy.

"What?"

"Go check on her."

"Are you gonna be ok?"

"I'll be fine. She needs somebody right now."

He gives me a nervous look and then walks off to find Nancy. As I stand there alone, I notice that more and more people are crowding into the room. I eventually have to get some air. I step outside. There are only a few people out here now, and most of them are moving into the house.

It's peaceful out here. The air seems still. The world feels calm unlike the chaos inside. It's so quiet.

I soon realize why it's so quiet... I'm the only one out here. Suddenly, I hear footsteps. I turn around to see Tommy and his group of jocks moving towards me. I begin to back away. I know this cannot be good.

"Hi..." I say nervously.

"Hey, pretty girl," Tommy says with a malicious smile on his face. I look to see all of the boys wear this same look.

"What do you want?" I spit at them.

They don't answer. They just inch closer to me as I take a few steps back. I have a horrible feeling in my chest. Their smiles grow wider. Mine completely disappears... not exactly that I was ever wearing one.

Before I can even think, I take off at a sprint. I hear them all rushing towards me. I know I can't outrun them. Maybe if I can make it out to the woods, I can use my camouflage ability. I can't let them see me using it. If I do, I know that Brenner can find me. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.

Sadly, I don't reach the trees. I'm not fast enough. I don't make it to the woods. One of them grabs the back of my shirt. I hear it tear, but not enough for me to get away. I fall to the ground. I hop back up as soon as I hit the ground. I'm completely surrounded. I swing my fists at them. I feel myself make contact with a few of them, but it doesn't do me much good. Can I really fight? No. I wish I could now. Several of them grab at my shirt. I hear it tear over and over again. One of them throws a drink on me. It splashed all over me. It burns my eyes as it hits them. My fist connects with one of their faces. However, his connects with mine right after. I fall to the ground as my world goes fuzzy.

Oh my gosh... This is it...

Just when I think they're going to get me, I hear a fight break out. I can't see very well, but I think I see a few of them hit the ground. Soon, there is silence. I hear footsteps moving towards me. I try to crawl away, but I'm too dizzy. I see a hand reaching out for me. I try to get away from it.

"Hey..." a hear a voice say. My head is ringing so much that it sounds like it's a million miles away. "It's ok. I'm not here to hurt you..."

I feel a pair of arms gently pick me up before my world finally goes completely black.

------------------------------------------

Credits:

Song: Thriller by Michael Jackson

Video: Sccuderia