Chapter 5

Seven's POV

The heck...

I flinch slightly as light enters my eyes. I have no idea what happened. I went to the Halloween party. I went outside. Tommy and his gang... they... they attacked me. Then... wait... what happened after that?

That's when I realize that I have no idea where I am. I'm in an unfamiliar place. That's not all though... I'm in an unfamiliar bed. My shirt was torn to pieces last night, and I'm in a different shirt from last night.

I start to panic. I look around for an exit, but I'm so freaked out I can't focus. My breathing becomes extremely fast, as does my heart rate. It feels like it might beat out of my chest. That's when I hear a voice.

"Relax," I hear a male voice say. I feel as though I recognize this voice. It's as if it was from a dream... or a vision...

No... not a dream... it's the voice from last night...

I look up in a panic and see a guy I don't recognize sitting in a chair in front of the bed. He has a dirty blonde mullet and blue eyes. I'm not as scared as I was last night, but I can't say that I'm exactly loving this.

"Relax," he says again. "I didn't violate you if that's what you're wondering. I didn't even sleep there. I've been in this chair. I put another shirt on you because yours was covered in drink and torn to shreds."

I continue to look around. I'm scared. That's the truth. I don't know him. I don't know where I am. I don't know if I can trust him.

"Hey. Hey," he continues softly. "You're safe. I'm not gonna hurt you."

"Who... Who are you?" I ask nervously.

"I'm Billy Hargrove."

"Ok... why am I here?"

"Well, I had been told that those guys were pulling a prank on you. A couple of the girls said they just wanted to scare you, but when I saw them, that's not what it looked like to me. I got them away, but one of them had popped you in the face. You passed out before I could figure out who you were, so I brought you back here."

"Ok..."

I don't know exactly how to react to this. I put my face in my hands. I then realize that really hurts.

"Ah!" I exclaim in pain.

"Yeah," Billy starts, getting up slowly. "You took a fist to the face. I put some ice on it for a while, but you've still got a nice bruise there."

He sits down on the bed. He reaches his hand out towards me. I quickly move backward.

"Easy. I told you. I'm not gonna hurt you."

I move slowly back towards him. He places his hand under my chin. He moves my face so that he can see the bruise.

"That's gonna hurt for a little while," he tells me.

"I figured that."

"Yeah..."

He offers me another one of his shirts and finds some of his step mom's old acid washed jeans. My face is still somewhat sticky from the drink that was thrown on me, and my curly brown hair is a complete mess. He shows me to the bathroom where I can clean off and get a shower. I make sure I lock the door behind me. I somewhat trust this guy, but not that much.

I feel much better after getting a shower. I throw on his black Led Zeppelin shirt and the acid washed jeans. I'm still shaken, and that's an understatement. It's crazy honestly. I don't know this Billy guy at all, but somehow... I feel safe.