Chapter 11

Billy's POV

I drive down the road as fast as I can in hopes of finding Max. My dad was furious when he realized she wasn't home. I've got the bruise around my eye to prove it.

I tried to call Casey to tell her I wasn't gonna make it tonight. Mr. Clarke says he hasn't seen her since yesterday afternoon. I'm worried, to say the least.

I've checked the Sinclair's. I've checked the Henderson's. I'm going to check the Wheeler's. I really need to find her. There's no way I can go back home without her. I'm also not going home until I know where Casey is. She's been MIA for almost 24 hours.

Where are you...

Seven's POV

"Steve? Casey?" We hear Nancy and Jonathan say as we approach the lab's security gate.

"Nancy?" Steve says in disbelief.

"Jonathan," I greet my friend.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asks.

"What're you doing here?"

"We're looking for Mike and Will."

"They're not in there, are they?" Dustin questions.

"We're not sure."

"Why?" Jonathan asks nervously.

As the words leave his mouth, we hear the screeching of the demogorgons in the distance.

"That's why..." I tell them.

"My little brother could be in there!"

"We have to get in there, now!" I say not really even believing the words that came out of my mouth. "Last thing I thought I'd ever be saying."

Once again, we go through the whole drill: tattoo, Seven, lab, story, powers, etc. They give me the same look everyone else gives me. They look shocked.

"Wow..." Jonathan starts. "I... I never knew."

"That's not important right now," I state. "Right now... we need to get into that lab."

We go to the gate and try to open it. We click the "open door" button several times. We see the power in the lab come on finally, but the gate still won't budge. Jonathan is still furiously clicking the button.

"Let me try," Dustin says.

"Hang on-"

"Let me try, Jonathan!"

Dustin does the same thing. The gate still doesn't move. We've been trying this for several minutes until we finally hear something click. Miraculously, the gate begins to open.

"Hey! I got it!" Dustin shouts.

Jonathan, Nancy and I jump into Jonathan's car and drive quickly towards the lab. I hear the tires screech as we make some of the turns. It takes us a few minutes to reach the lab. We finally reach the door and see Mike holding Will and Hopper holding Joyce. Jonathan honks the horn, and they turn to see us.

"Get in!" Jonathan shouts. I throw open the door. Hopper jumps into his car. Joyce jumps into Jonathan's car. Mike throws Will into my lap and does the same. We rush off as I see who's hurt. Everyone seems to be mildly ok. I don't see any major injuries.

We finally reach the Byers' house. I carry an unconscious Will inside and lay him gently on the couch. Jonathan kneels down beside him.

"I'm sorry, bud," he tells him. "Sorry I wasn't there. I should have been here."