Chapter 13

Billy's POV

"Am I dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" I laugh as I step out of my car.

"Yeah, it's me," he spits back. "Don't cream your pants."

"What're you doing here, amigo?"

"I could ask you the same thing... amigo."

"Looking for my step sister. A little birdie told me she was here."

"Huh, that's weird. I don't know her."

Of course, you're gonna lie to me...

"Small? Redhead? Bit of a punk?"

"Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry, buddy."

You think I'm that naive? Or that stupid?

"You know, I don't know, this... this whole situation, Harrington," I say moving closer and closer to him blowing cigarette smoke out of my mouth. "I don't know. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies."

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

"My 13-year-old sister goes missing all day... and then I find her with you in a stranger's house... and you lie to me about it."

He laughs.

"Man, were you dropped too much as a child, or what? I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here."

"Then who is that?" I ask pointing my cigarette at the window.

He turns to see exactly what I'm seeing. My sister, Dustin Henderson, Lucas Sinclair and Mike Wheeler are all staring out the window. They all drop quickly when they realize I've seen them.

"Oh crap. Listen-"

He's cut off when I knock him to the ground.

"I told you to plant your feet."

I kick him in the chest and walk past him. I swing open the door to see them all staring at me. They look terrified... maybe they should be.

"Well, well, well, Lucas Sinclair, what a surprise," I start. I then turn to Max. "I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max."

"Billy," she says. "Go away."

"You disobeyed me, and you know what happens when you disobey me."

"Billy.."

"I break things," I tell her picking up Lucas by the shirt collar. I slam him against a wall and look directly into his eyes. "Since Maxine won't listen to me, maybe you will. You stay away from her. Stay away from her! You hear me?"

"I said get off me!" he shouts kicking me in the leg.

"You are so dead, Sinclair! You're dead."

Just then, something moves me. I turn to see Harrington standing in front of me.

"No," he states. "You are."

He punches me in the face. That's when I hear it... I hear a small voice coming from down the hallway.

"Harrington! I swear! Let me out of here!"

I see a door moving down the hallway, but refusing to open. I know that voice. I'd know it anywhere. That is Casey Clarke's voice.

She's trapped in there... why...

"Casey!" I shout.

"Billy!"

"Hey!" Steve screams at me. "You're not focused on her. Focus on me!"

"What did you do, Harrington?! Let her go!"