Chapter 10

Seven's POV

I wake up the next morning on the Byers' couch. We continue to put more pieces together. That is until my walk is talkie starts going crazy.

"Code red," I hear through the walkie. "We have a code red."

I recognize the voice on the other side to be Dustin. Mike and I look at each other. I'm typically on the same channel as the boys, so I know what code red means.

"Ok..." I start. "You stay here with Will. I'll go check on this."

Mike nods his head. I walk outside, get into my car and drive off. I reach the Henderson house, but he's not there. I try to talk to him in the walkie, but he's not answering.

I start to drive around the neighborhood to see if I can find him. I've been driving about all day asking if anyone has seen him when I finally start to pick something up on the walkie. It comes in as static at first, but then it picks up.

"This is a code red."

"Dustin?"

"Casey?"

"Wait," I hear another familiar voice say through the walkie. "Casey?"

"Steve?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you with Dustin?"

"Hey!" Dustin exclaims. "Can I interrupt for a second? We have a bigger problem. Meet us at my house."

"On my way."

I drive as fast as I can to his house. When I finally get there, I see him and Steve down in a cellar. I walk down into the cellar to see them staring at... a humongous hole in the wall.

"Guys... what the actual heck?"

"Dart," Dustin replies.

"I've had to ask this question multiple, multiple times today... but does this have to do with Hawkins Lab?"

"Why would it have to do with Hawkins Lab?" Steve asks.

"Guys, I know."

"You know what."

And just like I've done several other times today, I turn my wrist over to show the tattoo.

"Holy cow... you're..."

"Yes. Now, before you ask, let me answer the 1002 questions you're about to ask. My name is Seven. I was an experiment at Hawkins Lab. Yes, I have powers like El or Eleven or whatever you call her. I have a camouflage ability and the power to heal. No, I didn't really know Eleven. I met her a few times, but that was it. I escaped from the lab two years ago. Scott took me in without asking questions. Does that cover all your questions?"

"Are you still hanging out with that jerk?" Steve spits.

"You don't want to go there..."

"What..." Dustin starts to ask.

"Not important."

"How about we find this thing."

We gather supplies before heading out towards the train tracks. We're hoping to set up a trap. The sun has risen by the time we get out there. As we're getting our supplies out of Steve's trunk, we hear Lucas's voice through Dustin's headset.

"This is Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin?"

"Well, well, well, look who it is."

"Sorry man. My stupid sister turned it off."