Meraki

Meraki(v.): to do something with soul, creativity, love; to put something of yourself into your work.

Ink floated in the antigravity of the Doodlesphere, sketching out an Echo flower. He colored it, and after a while, after feeling satisfied with the drawing, he used his magic on it to bring it to life, peeling it off the paper like a sticker and letting float in his lap above the sketchbook that sat on his legs.

"Hello?" He said to the flower.

"Hello?" His voice called back to him. He smiled at his small creation. When he got bored he would make things with his drawings, mold them from graphite marks, his creativity, and a little bit of magic. Not the most productive thing he could do with his time, yes, but if he enjoyed it that's all that mattered to him.

He took it away with a snap of his fingers, rising his pencil to sketch whatever his hand drew him to draw.

His thoughts got interrupted by a ripping sound, always a bad thing in the Doodlesphere. He floated over to where the sound was coming from. It was the AU called Danceswap, it's like Dancetale and Underswap but put into one AU. Ink suspected it was Error, as it is always Error destroying AUs and such. As he opened a portal and stepped inside the desolate place, an eerie silence loomed over him. Too silent.

If Error was destroying this place the whole place would be on fire, buildings obliterated, him laughing like a maniac while people ran in an attempt to run away only for them to get caught and die by Error's strings. Ink glowered at the place, something wasn't right here.

He noticed footprints in the snow, leading off into the dark forest. Of course, that would be Error, he's the only one who would go into that place. Ink glared at the path ahead, moving forward. He didn't even step two feet into the trees and blue strings wrapped around his arms pulling him right off the ground, his paintbrush falling to the snow with a soft thud. He heard a chuckle and a figure emerge from behind a tree.

"Hey, Shorty." Error said.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me short?" Ink asked glaring at the taller.

Error just shrugged, "It's the best way to describe you." Ink glared at him but he continued. "I guess you've noticed how...empty this place is." He closed his eyes, savoring the silence until Ink ruins it.

"So...sorry—I've mistaken this for not your fault." Ink said.

Error's eyes snapped open angrily, "Oh, it is. I just wanted quiet." Ink was confused about this, didn't he have a whole Anti-void that he could just go to? "That 90's nightmare decided to annoy me again." He grumbled. Ink stared for a moment, then started snickering, "What the hell is so funny to you all the time?" He growled.

"You killed all the people here for quietness?" Ink laughed. Error only grumbled and let Ink go from the strings, they fell from the branches above them and snaked back to his fingers and as the ends touched his fingertips, then disappeared. "Huh, you actually let me go this time, that's new."

"I only wanted to scare you, besides I don't feel like fighting after I saw that parasite." He said talking about Fresh again with the same sour tone of voice he used when he mentioned him before. Ink only hummed in response and followed Error as he walked into a portal to the Anti-void. Error looked back at Ink when he did it, but turned away, knowing it was probably not worth it to try to shoo him away.

He sat down on the empty floor and stared into the suffocating white space. Ink hated it, so he took his mind of it by drawing something. He didn't know exactly what to draw so he asked Error, "I don't know what to draw..." He mumbled.