Hiraeth - Finale

Hiraeth(n.): Homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, or for a home which may have never been; an intense form of longing or nostalgia wistfulness; the grief for the lost places of your past.

Error fidgeted in place, pulling the sleeve of his white tuxedo. Ink had a black tux, they thought it would be cool if they alternated. Almost like a Ying and Yang thing. Symbolism. They made a small area for a wedding in the Anti-Void in front of Ink's house. He hasn't seen Ink all day because Dream persisted it was bad luck.

But Error felt so self-conscious and so nervous that he bet the whole crowd could see. A lot of Sanses were there, Fresh, Geno and Reaper, Goth, Fell, Blueberror, Core Frisk, Stretch(surprisingly), Nightmare, Cross, and some others. He tried to avoid eye contact with anyone, but Goth waved, so he waved shyly back. He gave him a thumbs up.

"You look like you walked a hundred miles in the desert," Dream said next to him. There wasn't exactly a 'priest' so Dream thought up the great idea to be one for a day. He was the Beacon of Positivity after all, and he wanted to be there somehow, of course.

"Nervous," Error's voice glitched. "I have no idea what weddings are like. Ink tried to explain to me, but I didn't exactly get it." Error chuckled.

"It's a strange tradition, I know. But I like it. It's a tradition based off of bonding two people together—love. People found a way to celebrate a serious commitment," He smiled, "Ink is probably as nervous as you are," That reassured Error by a small percent.

Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye he saw Ink walk out of the house with Blueberry walking him up. Ink's face was a full color wheel. Ink looked at the crowd, cheering them on softly with their eye. "I'm so excited for you!" Blueberry exclaimed, their arms linked together.

Ink knew he puked if he got too emotional, so he tried to push down the overspilling love his nonexistent soul was spewing. Once he got to the front and Blueberry went to the side it was just them. Well, and Dream but he was irrelevant right now. He took a deep breath through his shaky body and the rest of the everything else around him faded.

He was in front of Error, possibly eyes watering a little.

Dream cleared his throat, "We are gathered here today..." It seemed to blur out for Ink. He looked up at Error, their hands brought together. Time seemed slow, Ink did want this to last forever.

"Ink," Oh, vows. Ink brought his mind back to reality. He might've forgot they were doing vows for a spilt second. Don't worry he has his, written down so he wouldn't forget. "I remember when everything was against us—that we were against us. But you wanted to get to know me. Not the destroyer, but me." Ink nodded, "At first I thought you were just trying to make me annoyed. But after a while, I realized that you were just being you. And after a while I liked you. Even though sometimes you're annoying Squid," Ink laughed and gave him a challenging face. "I promise that as long as I'm still alive I'll be by your side, even though I have no idea if I can actually die.—"He paused, "Are you crying?"

"Maybe. I'm just really happy." Ink sniffled, a big goofy smile on his face. Some from the crowd laughed. "I got notecards, because I'd probably forget this stuff." He took a notecard or two out from his pocket. Error chuckled lightly and nodded at the truth. "And you stole my beginning, how dare you," Ink said with a tone, they both laugh. "Error, before I met you I realized how...alone the Multiverse can really be. That home isn't an option for me, or for you. But, I think, home is where the heart is, and my heart—well, non-existent heart, is with you. We'll never be alone, because we'll be together. So whatever life throws at us I'll be there to help you through it. I promise that we'll never be alone again." Ink finishes.

Blueberry's Chara ran up with the rings. They stopped suddenly in front of them. Their smile said all the words they couldn't say. She was bouncing in excitement so much that the rings might've almost fallen out of her hands.

Error took Ink's ring and slipped it on Ink's ring finger. Ink did the same with Error's ring.

"Dream that's your cue!" Blueberry whispered to a star eyed Dream.

"Oh! Sorry," Dream snapped out of it and cleared his throat. "By the positive power vested in me, I now pronounce you, husband and husband!" Error couldn't take the excitement anymore and pulled Ink's face up to kiss him, "You may now—oh never mind." He giggled, watching the couple kiss.

Error parted with Ink to only grin with excitement. Both of Ink's eyes are yellow stars. Error could see the childlike excitement in his eye sockets. Ink felt Error pick him up, the same chaotic evil in his face. "Haha!"

"Error!" Ink laughed as he speed walked down the aisle. The audience clapped. Error pushed open the door to their house with his shoulder and set Ink down. "Why'd we come back inside?" He asked.

"I wanted to kiss you again. Plus, I don't like crowds." He pressed his mouth to Ink's. He looked confused and parted with him. "Did you eat the sweets from the table before the ceremony?"

Ink shrunk back a little, "Maybe..." He replied wit a grin.

Error kisses him briefly. "Whatever, you taste like chocolate." Error chuckled and kissed Ink above his nose. "I can't believe I'm married!"

"I know right?" Ink replied excitedly.

"My short husband.~" Error teases. Ink smiled and kissed Error, filling the kiss with love. Error smiled and kissed back. "I love you so much," He held Ink close.

Ink whispered the same. "Wanna eat cake?"

"Cake?" Error's head rose up like he was a puppy that just heard the word treat!. Ink laughed and guided him outside where everyone was talking in the front. Ink smiled at him softly, Error smiled back. Back at those eyes he couldn't get enough of, and he bet that the stars couldn't shine as bright as he did. Because he was closer to Error. He was the sun.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"That story was super boring!" Gradient said looking up at the ceiling. "You should've battled Blueberror—and ripped his arms off," Gradient laughed maniacally.

"Wha? Gradient! Stop being scary!" Paperjam balled himself up together under the covers, peeking just slightly over.

"Stop scaring your brother Gray..." Ink scolded. I don't think he'd be alive if we did that... Ink pondered.

"I mean, that would be funny—"

"Error!" Ink smacked his arm, "Not helping!" Error fell back into the mattress in laughter. Ink couldn't help himself but to laugh with the glitched laughter, as if it was a virus and it was infectious. Gradient apologized to his little brother.

Paperjam collapsed onto him in a hug and Gradient hugged back. "I should scare you more—"

"No!" Paperjam looked at him angrily, and they all laughed at the smallest.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR READING!!! I'm so glad I got to share this story with you! I will revisit chapters to rewrite some bits but besides that, you are at the end! Everything good must end unfortunately, I was gonna make the ending more brutal, but, I guessed Error had enough torture...

I hope you've enjoyed reading! If you like my stuff, I will be working on my Afterdeath book now so if you like Afterdeath, c'mon over to my profile!

Please.

Thank you all for 20k too! To celebrate the milestone and the end,

QnA for Errink perhaps?

Comment here what you want to ask them!