Lacuna

Lacuna(n.): A blank space. A missing part.

Error teleported to the Doodlesphere. Gray and dull. A shadow fell upon it, but there was nothing to cast a shadow. Error hasn't seen Ink until the AUs disappeared, and he regretted immediately after he let him alone. Who knows what he could've done? But he tried to just shake off the dread. After all, Ink was annoyingly resilient.

"Ink?" Error called out. No response.

He saw a blurry figure floating in the air. He still didn't know how to get around, so he flailed his way over, "Ink?"

Ink turned around, "Oh, hey." His low, mumbly voice sounded tired.

"So? Nothing?"

"Yep." Awkward silence... "The AUs aren't destroyed, so whoever took them might've meant to keep them for something."

"Why?

"And there is where my theory ends." Ink sighed.

"Ok. Where should we look?" Error said. Ink looked at him funny, "What?"

"Nothing, I just thought you would be glad they're gone. You still hate them right?"

Error shrugged and Ink, "I have nothing to destroy, plus you're too depressing now." Ink scoffed at that. Error shrugged since Ink now was kinda boring and sad.

Ink made a portal to Underfell, probably one of the first AU made in the Multiverse. It would be the perfect place for a thief to hide. Ink jumped through, Error followed. "So where would an AU stealer hide?" Ink thought.

"A place that's not here? Or here. It's one of those." Error grinned.

"Error," Ink groaned. "Not funny." He walks a direction into the woods.

"C'mon Ink, I'm technically right."

"Error, if you're not helping. Leave me alone."

"I will, I will."

They search all over the AU and not finding Fell, his Papyrus said he was hiding in his room, scared. They wondered why but didn't press further. Ink was anxious about not finding anything. "Ink maybe we should check another AU—"

"Error! What is that?" Ink pointed over to a place near the Hotland sentry station. There was a glitched area in the AU, a rip in it that leads to somewhere.

"Huh."

Ink glared at Error suspiciously, "Error..."

"I didn't do this!" He put his hands up in defense.

"Then who?"

"I mean, I don't know who else would be able to do that? This part of the code seems to be corrupted, or broken apart." He looked at it in wonder.

"Can you find out who did it?"

"No, but I can trace similar code errors like these." He said holding his hands up to the glitch.

"How?"

"Do you want me to explain the science behind it or do you want to find your precious AUs?" Error growled. Ink shut up and let Error do his thing...whatever that was. Error looked over at Ink, "Heh, watch this." Error snapped his fingers and a glowing blue line snaked its way into the glitch.

"Ta-da." Error felt sort of proud of himself. "I already know I'm fantastic, you don't have to say it I already know." Error grinned narcissistically as Ink mumbled something rude under his breath.

"Can you lead it to the next one?" Ink asked thinking that the trick Error used was broken(like him), but Error wasn't listening. He stuck an arm in the glitch and his arm disappeared through it.