Chapter 7

Chapter 7:
POV: Beta Hannson

After Jacob left Clare's hospital room I ran to catch up with him. He was already halfway out of the hospital and almost to the main pack house.

I ran over to him and put a band on his shoulder. He whipped around and growled at me.

"What the hell do you want Hannson?" He snarled.

"Jacob I know you just found your mate and your not happy about her being a rouge but you need to calm down and listen to me." I said in a firm voice.

"I'll calm down once she's out of the pack." He again snarled.

"She's your mate, Jacob. You k is you can't live without her. This pack needs a Luna." I said trying to make him understand.

"NO. I'm not going to be mates with a rouge, you know that." He said forcefully.

"I know. But you need her. She needs you and the pack needs her." I said in a calming voice.

"Why is she here?" He growled. I swallowed nervously and didn't answer.

"WHY THE HELL IS SHE HERE HANNSON!" He yelled, I swear I felt the house shake.

"She was a few feet outside our border and bleeding to death from a bullet wound in her leg. She needed help and you were gone so I decided that I shou-" I was cut off by Jacob growling.

"You should have told me. Do you have any idea how dangerous rouges are. You could be putting the entire pack in danger. I make the decisions in thus pack." He said angrily. I could see his wolf was trying to come out.

"You were in a meeting alpha and I didn't want to disturb you." I explained.

"You wouldn't have disturbed me if it were about the safety of my pack!" He said his voice getting louder.

"She is not a threat to the pack. She meant no harm in coming here. She didn't have a choice. I took her to the hospital while she was unconscious." I explained.

"How do you know she is not a danger to us?" He asked.

"She was very malnourished when she got here. She said that the neighboring pack, Forest Moon, tried to kill her and she ended up on our border." I said carefully

"How do you know she isn't lying?" He asked.

"I just do Jacob. Why would she attack us? She's alone, weak, malnourished, and injured." I once again explained to him.

He didn't say anything after that. He just walked off to his office with me following. Once we were in his office I decided to address the mate topic.

"She's your mate, Jacob. What are you going to do?" I asked

"That thing isn't my mate, Hannson." He said growling.

"Yes she is Jacob! Just because she's a rouge doesn't make her your enemy." I stated.

"Yes it does Hannson! I despise rouges. This whole pack does." He answered.

"She didn't choose to be a rouge. He pack was attacked when she was 10. She was the only survivor. She had no choice but to go rouge." I admitted

"That still doesn't make her any less dangerous." He responded.

"Fine whatever. Just go talk to her. You left her and she's probably confused and hurting right now." I said. I turned and walked out of the door.