Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

"He's starting to piss me off! Like really he doesn't understand you've been in the hospital and your obviously going to be weak!" Anne rants as she angrily paces my room after she got done with training.

"Anne it's fine I'm not mad. It's okay. I would have held the group back." I responded shrugging.

"No! You know what because he kicked you out of practice I'm goin-" I cut her off

"For the fifth time he didn't kick me out I left!" I stressed.

"You two are going to have a decent conversation." She said determinedly.

"How is this going to help exactly?" I asked confused.

"Because y'all are mates and mates need to talk and love each other." She explained.

"Bipolar much?" I joke.

"No! I am not, I just want to see y'all get together." She said.

"But you were just sayi-" She cut me off.

"Hush! Now let's go." She drug me out of my room to where Jacob's office was.

"Have a good talk." She smiled and turned around walking back to her room just down the hall.

I look at the door in front of me. I want to talk to him but what if he hates me even more. Or worse, rejects me.

I swallow my nerves and knock on the door. A 'come in' follows.

I open the door and close it behind me.

Jacob looks up form his work, sees it's me and goes back to it like I'm not here.

"Well that's kinda rude." I mumble.

He looks up at me. His blue eyes capturing mine. I'm in a little trance until he looks back down at the papers sprawled all over his desk.

"What do you want? I have work." He asks annoyed.

"Well I just wanted to have a civilized conversation but who knows if that's going to happen." I say

"If you don't have anything to talk about then get out." He responds.

"Fine. I'll leave. I don't see why you keep pushing me away. You always seem to have work." I say turning around.

Just as I'm about to open the door he says something, making me stopping me in my tracks and turn around.

"I'm sorry." He says looking at me.

"What?" I ask confused.

"I'm sorry." He repeats.

"For what?" I ask.

"I don't know, everything." He says regret filling his eyes.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I say.

"Yes, I do. I've been treating you like shit and avoiding you every chance I have. I shouldn't treat my mate like this. I'm sorry." He says looking regretfully at me.

"What's with the sudden mood change?" I ask.

He sighs and looks at me ready to explain.