Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

Jacob's wolf was on top of the rogue's and was growling. I let out a breath. It was going to be okay. Hanson's wolf came up to me and tried to get me away and to get me some medical attention.

Suddenly, Jacob whipped around and growled at Hannson, giving the rogue enough time to bite Jacob in the shoulder.

Jacob growled and faced the rogue, blood staining his white coat. All of the adrenaline I had pumping through my veins was running out. I started feeling the pain of my injuries and my vision was growing blurry.

I attempted to get up and walk, but I immediately fell back down. My leg was definitely broken, or very severely damaged.

Hannson quickly grabbed me and helped me walk away.

"Wait, we can't leave Jacob alone. He could be killed." I said starting to panic.

"I have to get you to the pack doctor first." Hannson replied.

"No, leave me here. I can make it the rest of the way, go back and help Jacob. Please." I begged.

"Yes Luna." Hannson responded, and left back the way we came from.

I know it was stupid of me to deny Hannson's help, but Jacob needed to stay safe, and alive.

I found a tree and leaned against it, winded. I couldn't move more than 20 feet without stopping.

My vision was getting worse by the second but I couldn't give up. My pack needed me. Jacob needed me.

I collapsed to the ground unable to move. I closed my eyes, but was still conscious. I felt someone near me, but I didn't know them.

"Sir, I found the Luna." The unknown person said, I could tell the person was a man.

"She's of no use to us now. She's on the verge of death. Just put her out of her misery and shoot her." Another man said.

I didn't even flinch. I couldn't. If her was going to shoot me, let him. I tried and failed. I'm sorry Jacob.

I could here a gun being loaded. I could hear someone pointing it at me, and I could hear someone pull the trigger.

More pain bloomed in my stomach and more blood ran out. I could feel the silver bullet in my abdomen, and silver spreading throughout my body.

I heard an angry snarl. And the I could feel the tension in the air.

"Just leave her. We have to go, the alphas coming." One of the men said. They both turned around and ran.

The bullet hole in my stomach was bleeding badly. I was losing consciousness, I was dying.

Suddenly there was a wolf by my side, Jacob. He whimpered and shifted. I felt his hands grab my shoulders as he lifted me up.

"Clare! Please stay with me. Don't leave. I love you. Your going to be okay."

I couldn't answer him because my vision turned dark.