Chapter 25

Chapter 25:

POV: Jacob

I was running fast. Faster than I have ever ran before. I was jumping over fallen trees and dodging branches.

I kept a tight hold on the women in my arms. Clare. I was making sure not to jostle her around and hurt her even more.

I could feel the mate bond slipping more and more with every passing second. It hurt like hell. It felt like someone was jamming their hand into my chest and ripping out my heart. Even though I didn't want to admit it, I knew she was dying. But I wasn't going to give up. Not now. Not when she needed me, and I needed her.

I burst through the doors of the pack hospital. A doctor was already waiting for us and lead us back to a room. As soon as I set her on the bed, many nurses and doctors crowded around her. I growled, trying to get some away. Dr. Anderson was right their ordering everyone around. I couldn't because I was in too much shock. I couldn't even think.

"Alpha, we need to get you healed up too. Can you go with Dr. Smith please?" Dr. Anderson was kneeling in front of me, taking in a soothing voice.

I nodded numbly, not wanting to fight. I had no fight left in me.

Dr. Smith took me back to a room and checked me out. Saying he only saw scratches and bite marks which would heal soon. But my shoulder was a different story. Dr. Smith disinfected the wound and bandaged it, saying it should be healed in 2-3 days.

I walked back to my mates room. Apparently while I was being checked, she went into surgery to get the bullet out.

When I walked in she was lying on the bed, still. A heart monitor hooked up to her, and an IV. She looked very pale. Almost like she was dead. But I knew she wasn't from the steady beeping of the machine.

I pulled a chair up next to the bed and graves her hand. Praying to the moon goddess she would be okay.

Dr. Anderson came in and told me what they did and her injuries.

"When will she wake up?" I asked, almost breaking down into tears.

"We don't know. But she's a fighter and she's not going to leave you." Dr. Anderson said, I nodded in thanks.

She left the room and I was alone with Clare for almost 2 hours when the door opened. I was instantly on high alert, but relaxed when I smelled who it was.

Hannson and Anne walked in. Hannson was beat up and brushed but nothing to serious. Anne just looked scared. She also had a look of regret in her eyes.

They stayed for a while, none of us talking just staring at Clare. Hopping she would wake up.

__________________☆__________________

Over 800 reads!?! Omg.

Sorry for a shorter chapter, the school musical is this weekend and I'm in it and I didn't go to bed until 12. Oops.