Chapter 2

Madelaines POV:
Vanessa and I than got into her car and drove off back to her place. It was silent the entire way home, I could tell she knew I lied to her about me 'being sick'. I was happy to know that she left her date with CHARLES, just to hang out with me. Which seemed pretty special it really showed how much she cared which made me very happy. Once we arrived we walked into her apartment and sat on the couch. Vanessa than looked down at her hands fiddling with her Cartier ring which was our best friend rings. "Mads we need to talk" I was very nervous on what she was going to say next " okay, what's up" I tried acting like I didn't know but I knew exactly what she was gonna say. " why did you lie about your stomach hurting, and than you kept putting on fake smiles?" Vanessa said looking up at me. I had no idea what to say because even I didn't know the answer to that myself. Charles is a really nice guy and he always puts others needs before his own what's not to like about him. But the way he makes Vanessa happy and the way he can just flirt with her whenever he wants it made me jealous. He got to do all that with her when I wish I could have done that with her. I-I li-" I was snapped out of my thoughts when Vanessa was waving her hand in my face calling my name. " oh umm sorry I was just thinking" I said looking down. Vanessa then grabbed my chin and pulled it up so that we were looking at each other directly in the eyes.
"Hey just tell me what's wrong if you don't want to talk about it that's totally fine" she said it and I could tell she was being genuine with what she was saying. I am so lucky to get her as my best friend, right she's my best friend not meant to be more but god these felling I have for her! " I don't really want to talk about it right now I'm sorry" I said looking down at my hands. Vanessa then grabbed my hands and put them into hers, " hey it's okay you don't need to tell me your sorry, just tell me whats wrong when your ready okay" I still couldn't wrap my head around it. I can't like Vanessa she's my best friend, but I've never felt this way about someone in my entire life not even with Travis. When she touches me or even looks at me I get butterflies in my stomach. And when she laughs I can't help but want to smile, I really could listen to her laugh all day if I could. I than felt my eyes tear up, I just wanted Vanessa but I knew we wouldn't become more, we couldn't be more. I began crying and I couldn't stop. Vanessa would never see me than more. I felt her arms wrap around my body "hey shhh it's going to be okay I promise and I'll here right with you through it" her being there helped.
Vanessa POV:
I was hugging Mads while she cried into my shoulder I had no idea what made her so upset but I knew I'd stick by her through it. Once she began to stop crying i whisper in her ear " look I love you Madelaine and I will be here for you okay?" She slowly nodded "okay I love you too V" I than pulled out of the hug " how about we lay down and watch Netflix?" She nodded slowly while I got up to grab a blanket. I than sat on the couch right against her and grabbed the remote. I than put the notebook on knowing it was her favorite movie and maybe it would cheer her up. She than began crying half way through. " aww Mads" I grabbed the remote and turned the tv off and held my arms out for her to hug me. I than layed down and she than rested her head on my chest, resting her arm over my waist. I felt so bad for her but it felt nice having her laying with me it just felt so right. I than held her, rubbing circles onto her back. I waited until she fell asleep I than kissed her forehead "I love you Mads never forgot that" I than began to fall asleep.
Madelaines POV:
7:32 am
I woke up and realized I was laying in Vanessas arms. I could really get used to waking up like this every morning, it felt nice to be laying with her I than stuck my head into the crook of her neck and tightened my grip on her. " good morning" Vanessa said looking down at me with a grin on her face. "good morning" I said with a smile, Vanessa than began rubbing my arm up and down which somehow made me even more happy laying there with her. After about 15 minutes of laying there Vanessa suggested to make some breakfast. She made pancakes which she made the best homemade pancakes ever. It felt really nice to have a normal morning with Vanessa I wished I could wake up like this everyday. "Hey Charles is picking me up at 12:30 for a re-do of our date last night" she said smiling very big. My smile faded as she said that " oh right... well I should get going now" I said while getting up and grabbing my purse off the counter top. " wait Mads you don't need to leave please stay" she said grabbing onto my arm. I just couldn't believe it I was falling for a girl. And my best friend as a matter a fact which made it so much worse. I just couldn't look at her I was falling in love with her while she talked about another guy that she really liked which hurt so bad. I than shoved her arm away and got my shoes on. I could hear her screaming my name but as hard as it was I ignored her and called for a taxi and left to my house.
     Vanessa POV:
   I kept yelling for her but she never turned back, she didn't even hesitate. I didn't even know what made her upset, our morning was perfect and she was so happy. It made me happy too, to cuddle with her felt so perfect, so right. But then once I brought Charles up she got so upset. Maybe she's upset because her and Travis are having problems and me bringing up my relationship makes her think about it. That has to be it, I'll just call Travis and see what's going on.
     "Hey Vanessa" Travis said, " hey I called to ask if you knew why Mads has been so upset lately?" "Oh um not really. The other night when she got home she seemed kinda upset especially when we saw you and Charles at veggie grill." If she went on a date with Travis that would mean she's not upset with him. So is she upset with Charles? "Oh okay thanks Travis I'll talk to you later" " okay bye Vanessa."
       This doesn't make any sense at all one second she's cuddled up with me having the biggest smile ever and the mention of just Charles made her storm out. What could he have possibly done to make her this upset? I decided to call Charles to see what he possibly could have done to make Mads upset. "Hey babe" Charles said god isn't he the cutest! "Hey baby, I wanted to talk to you about Mads." "Umm okay what about her?" I sat on the couch with my tea in hand, "have you and her got into a fight at all recently or have you even spoken to her?" I said taking a sip of my tea. "Uh no... I don't even have her number the only time I speak to her is when she's with you. Why are you asking?" " just making sure your both on good terms. Anyways I have to go but I'll see you at 12." I said exited. "Great see you than babe" we than hung up but god I still don't get this. If Charles and her don't even have anyway to communicate how could she find a reason to hate him. I knew Mads better than I know anyone else even better than myself so I knew where'd she be at not her house but her thinking place(we have the same spot to think.)
    I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next one will become more interesting than these past two chapters😂