A Friend of Lily's

"So... Peter got drunk tonight." 

James blinked at the mirror. "I'm sorry, what? Come again?"

"Peter," Sirius repeated. "He got drunk."

James sat up in bed, the blankets falling from his chest. A smirk went across Sirius's face. "Hubba-hubba," he muttered, jostling his eyebrows up and down, "Look at those pecs."

"Shut it," James replied, dropping the mirror so Sirius was looking at the ceiling while he bent over the side of his bed and grabbed his t-shirt from the floor. "How in blazes did Pete get drunk? I thought your special Hogsmeade weekend wasn't 'til next week?" 

"It isn't," Sirius replied. Then, as James was about to pull on his shirt, "Leave it, I actually sort of like the view." He grinned evilly.

James sighed. "I s'pose it is Tuesday."

"That's right it is!" Sirius grinned. "And a marvelous Tuesday it is, too." He grinned in admiration.

"Keep looking at me like that and I'll put on a parka as well as the shirt!" James threatened.

Sirius laughed.

"So what'd Peter do then, knick your Firewhiskey?"

"I left the Firewhiskey bottle with him during the Yule Ball - I was spiking the eggnog and he liked it - and the stupid rat, he went and drank the whole bleedin' thing."

James smacked his forehead.

"Yeah, exactly," Sirius snickered. "But listen, that's not the thing. The thing is after he got drunk and knocked down by Wendy --"

"What?"

"Long story, we'll circle back," Sirius replied, then continued, "-- Me and Remus carried him up stairs and put him in bed and the little wanker, he sits up and he delivers a prophecy."

James's eyes narrowed in confusion. "A prophecy?"

"Yes, like a real honest to gods, Pete's-a-seer prophecy," Sirius declared. "And the real knocker is he doesn't even remember doing it."

"Well, what'd he say?" James asked.

Sirius cleared his throat, "Something about treasure that's rare, and there's an heir that's a mother and a brother also --"

"What?"

"I dunno," Sirius said, then continued, "He said... um, something about a prophecy being placed and cold water, and..."

"You have no idea, do you?"

"Let me get Remus up."

"Good idea."

James watched as Sirius carried the bit of mirror up the dormitory steps and into the dorm. He was looking mostly as Sirius's pyjama pants and his bare feet on the carpet through most of the ride, though when they got to the dormitory, he turned it so James could see Remus's sleeping form. "Look at my widdle Moonykins, so precious when he sleeps, so innocent... so much less sarcastic..." Sirius grinned.

James hissed, "Just wake him up."

"That's what I'm doing, calm your tits."

James rolled his eyes.

"Oi Moony," Sirius gently shook Remus's shoulder. "Moonpie."

"Rule Number One, Sirius," Remus murmured into the pillows.

James snorted, "At least one of you is following the rules."

"Says the one I found in his tighties in bed with Evans not long ago."