3

A lie is black, the truth is white.
A lie is wrong, the truth is right.
Then why frown at a lie for justice?
Why sneer at a truthful prejudice?

The truth scars, a lie wounds.
The truth avoids, a lie intrudes.

Would you rather, in this life,
Live in peace or rather strife.
Strife made by truth, peace made by lies.
Living as you listen to the echoes of cries.

Would you rather, in this life,
Die with a smile or laugh with a knife,
Though how can you tell, that the weapon was held by a lie,
With what can you tell, that the truth would always comply.

So we continue to live, never doubting the truth that holds a gun,
As we ignore the lie, that hurts none.

-author

"So, reincarnations? That sort of thing?"

"Kind of. Not quite right though. You see, I am not your Natsuki. I came to this world when I was nine, the Natsuki you knew for nine years before I came is a completely different person."

"Wha-" Shanks started but was interrupted by a cough from his first mate, who gestured for Natsuki to continue.

"In my last world, I was a ninja called Uzumaki Naruto. I was born to a man named Namikaze Minato and his wife, Uzumaki Kushina, who were leaders of our ninja village, the village hidden in the leaves. The place was located in the fire kingdom, of the elemental nations, which had four more kingdoms, Wind, Water, Earth and Lightning. Each had a leader called a kage, who is a ninja who has reached the level highest amongst all ninjas, and each had a village to lead, the fire one, as I said, hidden in the leaves, Water, was a village hidden in the waterfalls, Wind has a hidden village of the sand, Earth, a village hidden in the rocks, and Lightning had a village hidden in the clouds. Get it so far?"

Benn and Shanks both nodded, so she continued.

"My father, the Hokage and his wife were expecting a baby: me, but it wasn't going to be an easy birth, because Kushina had a beast sealed with jutsus in her body. When she was in labour, the beast could break out easily, because the seals would weaken along with Kushina's body.

A villainous ninja wanted to use this as an advantage to steal the beast, and when Kushina gave birth safely, he took me, saying that to get me back, Kushina must offer the beast to him. Kushina did as requested, and the villain forced the beast to go on a rampage, though he lost control of the beast, causing the beast to break free.

Seeing the chance, the Hokage before my father, the third Hokage, offered his soul to seal the beast once more. This time into a new born, the Fourth Hokage and his wife's son, myself. When the beast was sealed in, the ninjas who were fighting against the angry beast, took out their anger for the beast who stole their loved one's lives on me, and hid me from my parents.

They told the couple a lie, saying that I had died together with the beast, the first two years they tried to hunt me down, but they soon forgot, leaving me on the streets, forcing me to fend for myself from a young age.

On the tenth year, when I was sitting by a tree, the Hokage and his wife were visiting the poor, and they found me. They took me in after realising the villagers lied to them and raised me as their son."

She took a breath, and the two adults processed the words in their heads.

"Everything was fine again, until the entrance exam to the ninja academy. I failed the exam to get in three times, and I guess I just wasn't 'elite' enough to be the Hokage's son, because the Hokage and his wife slowly forgot about me, and soon the villagers began to torture me.