34

Many are the joys in life.
I'm blessed with quite a few.
Still, most of all I'm grateful
To have a daughter just like you.

I remember well when you were born,
The joy that filled my heart.
When I first held you in my arms,
I loved you from the start.

It was always such a pleasure
To see your precious life unfold.
Learning new things every day
Brought happiness untold.

The child in you, I still can see.
A glimmer here and there.
The smile when you anticipate,
A tugging at your hair.

Though no one knows the future,
What each one has in store,
I know whatever happens
I couldn't love you more.

So on this special day of yours,
Know the love that's there for you.
Not just today, but every day,
Will last a lifetime through.

-Alora M. Knight

Asuka was fortunate and unfortunate at the same time. 

She was the daughter of the two strongest people around, the granddaughter of one of the strongest people in the world, the great granddaughter of some of the strongest people in the world, and the niece of the many strongest people in the world. 

Now, this made her train like hell. She would have a similar routine as her mother when she was young, from waking up early in the morning, or helping any crew member who was in charge of breakfast, to getting lessons from them on the different types of fighting they were used to. 

Today, she woke up at six thirty, and groggily opened her eyes to find both her parent's not there. Not worrying in the slightest, she clambered off the bed. After getting changed, she ran off to the kitchen, and found her mother in the kitchen. 

"Mummy! Is it your turn to cook!?"

"Yes it is darling. What do you want to eat today?" 

"Hmm. Pancakes!!" 

"Pancakes it is then." Natsuki smiled lovingly at her daughter, parting some of her unbrushed white hair to the side 

The mother and daughter went on to whisk the batter, and by accident, Asuka poured in the blueberries meant for later, into the mix. Giggling, they decided it was going to be blueberry pancakes. 

When the mixture began to sizzle on the pan, the door opened, letting the chilly morning air in. 

"Where are my two favourite girls?" 

"Here!" Asuka smiled up at her father. 

"What!? You can't be my daughter! You are far too big!" He laughed, pretending to struggle to lift her up. 

"Meanie!" Asuka pouted, and her father cooed at his gorgeous daughter. 

He lift her up with one swift pull, and placed her on his shoulders, tickling her tiddly little feet.

Shrieking at the contact, she tried to retract her feet from her father, but his iron grip never loosened. 

Soon a giggling mess, Natsuki scolded Fuyuki, and he put her down, laughing at her terrible attempt to punch him. 

Asuka too, was only joking. If she tried, she could land a solid hit on him, but who would do that to family?

"The pancakes are done! Go on Asu, go wake everyone up!" Natsuki urged her daughter, and she tottered off. 

Immediately, Natsuki and Fuyuki set off to prepare the place. It was their princess' tenth birthday today, and it had to be perfect or it didn't happen. 

The bunting was hanging, the table was set up, the pancakes were piled up, and the fruit was presented. 

Getting out the party hats and poppers, the two pirates awaited by the door. They had asked their crew to wake up as slowly as possible, and with their enhanced haki, they detected five presences coming closer to the kitchen door. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" They yelled once the door creaked open. 

"I almost forgot!!!" Asuka beamed, and ran to give each of the crew a tight hug. 

Natsuki disappeared for a few moments, and came back with a tonne of people, whom she had dropped off on the deck. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They all chorused their rehearsed sentence. 

Garp, Dragon, Shanks, Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, along with a select few from Shanks' ship such as Benn and Yasopp. Sabo was there too, along with the orphans who were Aki and Uki's siblings. 

Kurama came out of his seal, and the whole family celebrated the little girl's birthday. 

Dragon, Shanks and Luffy laughed together with Natsuki and Sabo. Missing the man who used to be with them. Natsuki lowered her hat, one she claimed as her absolute treasure. 

It's red beads still glimmering like always. The orange fabric slightly faded, but it's fire resistant material strong as ever. The happiness and sadness masks at the front, also slightly less prominent than how it used to be, but still hanging there. 

She took off her belt and knife, smiling, reminiscing in the memories shared with Ace. 

A few hours later, the party found itself with Asuka asleep on Kurama's tail, the seasons all laughing with each other, Sabo and Luffy catching up with one another, same with Dragon and Shanks. 

Garp had to leave, and therefore Natsuki and Fuyuki could openly sit next to each other. 

Asuka smiled in her sleep. 

Her overpowered family came with danger as a package deal. Death was constantly hanging over her head, and injuries were a daily routine. 

But she would have it no other way.