17

Man's Manipulation
Sometimes can merit
Total devastation
Then at times
What we know as
A temporary sensation
All thou popular opinion
May never bring true
Vindication
All while never truly tapping
In to what, it really takes
In order to generate
A positive stream of enterprises
To flow
Through 't the nations

-Angel A. Lockwood

Uki calmed down after a while, and all the rain died out, the sun shining through the clouds as she hiccupped.

"Uki-chan, have you ever had a fruit which looks really weird before? It probably tasted disgusting as well."

"Um... I did eat a weird swirly fruit when I was small, by accident."

"Ah. Well, Uki-chan. Have you ever heard of a devil fruit?"

"No. Why?"

"Well, they're fruits which grant people special powers. Like Fuyuki, he can control snow." Fuyuki smirked, and opened his hand, where a small snowman formed. Uki momentarily forgot about her broken doll, fascinated by it. "We think, that you may have eaten the rain fruit. The, ame ame no mi. Not the candy fruit, which would also be the ame ame no mi, but yours is the rain fruit, which was thought to be a legend. It allows the user to make it rain at any strength and speed they want, and also choose who not to get wet., along with what type of liquid to make rain."

"What makes you think I ate it?"

"I have a feeling that the fruit responds to your emotions, because you haven't done any training to control this power. When you were crying, the rain started, and it got worse and worse, as you cried more and more."

"What a sad fruit..." Uki sympathised.

"Though I would think of it as one of the strongest fruits out there Uki. The fruit is a logia fruit, meaning no one can touch you unless they can use haki, which for instance, Fuyuki, Aki, and I can use. Also, since your body will become water, technically, you will not drown, since you will only reform, rather than get captured in the sea demons' curse."

"Curse?"

"You see, a devil fruit is-" Natsuki started a story about the fruits, as she sent a silent message to Fuyuki, who complied; walking back to the base camp for the children.

"Uki! Did you find Uki!?" A girl, around the age of seventeen, with moss green eyes and tree bark brown hair asked.

"Calm down Aki. She's fine. Natsuki's calming her down. She was fairly upset because her cuddle toy broke."

"Shun! Shouhei! Genki! Issa! Come here, right now!" She yelled, and four boys inched their way forward, all glancing at their feet with fear and nervousness. "You four should know that the toy you tried to snatch away was the only thing she had left of her parents!" They looked down guiltily.

"It's alright Aki-nee. I need to grow up." Uki said.

"Uki! Where were you!? I was so worried!" Aki almost crushed the season of rain with her hug.

"I'm sorry Aki-nee. I was with Natsu-nee." She smiled brightly, and Aki sent a thankful nod to Natsuki.

"What were you two doing?"

"I told her that I wanted to join her pirate crew!"

"You what!? Natsuki! Surely you didn't tell her that she could join!"

"It's her own decision along with mine Aki. Not yours. I understand that you're overprotective of the children, but sometimes you have to let go."

"I thought you wanted me on your crew, take me! Not her."