28

Gone from this world,
Gone like the wisp of smoke in the sky
Gone, out cold,
I hold you and I can't help but cry.

I watched you go,
Now I can't stand the sight,
Of this world who yelled no
When laughing as they'd start a fight.

In memories you now remain,
And I guess that I'm half sad.
That the life you lived was in vain,
And hasn't changed the world from bad.

-author

It happened all so quickly...

She punched Sengoku so hard, that he went flying, hitting the stone wall to the side, denting it. She cradled Ace, and used her chakra to heal him, but the wound didn't heal.

His devil fruit was trying to make itself into flames again when Sengoku hit him, that when Sengoku's fist hit him, his body swallowed Sengoku's fist, allowing it to damage him severely.

Ace's flames crawled to Luffy's stomach as Ace fell on top of him. Luffy sobbed as he looked at his hand now covered in blood.

"I'm sorry Luffy, Natsuki... I'm sorry you didn't get to save me... I'm sorry." Ace said, and Luffy inched closer, his eyes teary. Natsuki dropped to the ground, unable to look at Ace in the eyes. If she had been smarter, quicker, stronger...

"Somebody help him!" Luffy yelled.

"It's no use! I know I'm dying. My guts have burnt itself. I'm not gonna last long, so listen to me Luffy, Natsuki."

"What are you saying!?" Luffy denied the truth. "Are you gonna die Ace!? You promised me remember!? You said you'd never die! Isn't that what you told me Ace!?" Luffy yelled, and the seasons looked down. Even Uki, who had been trying to heal him with her rain, knew it was of no more use to try and heal him. Natsuki was silent the whole time.

"Yeah. If I didn't have a little brother that needed to be taken care of.. I would've given up then." Ace remembered all the comments he received when he suggested to people the idea of the former pirate king having a son. "Nobody wanted me. It couldn't be helped..." Natsuki sobbed, not even bothering to hide her tears, which was creating a waterfall on her face.

"If you ever see Makino again, please give my regards...huff...Dying makes me nostalgic of people I knew a long long time ago... But there's one thing I've left undone... I wasn't able to see your dreams through the end... But you... I know you can do it... You're my little brother! You're Natsuki's, Sabo's and my little brother... We know you can do it! Natsuki, I'm sure you'll be greater than any pirate out there! You're my pride! Just like you are Luffy!" Ace smiled, hugging Luffy with his remaining strength. "Just like how I swore back then... I have no regrets!"

"Liar! You're lying!" Luffy denied.

"What I really wanted wasn't fame... All I wanted to know was whether or not I should've been born... Huff! I can't even shout anymore... Luffy, listen to my next words carefully...huff...Tell everybody what I say to you." Ace took a deep breath although his heartbeat was getting quicker and quicker.

"Pops and Fellow Pirates! Luffy, Natsuki. I've always been such a helpless person... huff, huff... I was demon spawn... The son of a devil!" Natsuki shook her head, drying her face which kept getting damp.

"Thank you... For loving me!" The words robbed his life force.

His muscles tensed before they released, and he fell to the ground, leaving Luffy's embrace.

***

"You thought I was dead!?" Ace yelled as he scolded Luffy who was worried that Ace was eaten by a bear. "What are you crying for!? How dare you kill me off you idiot!"