14

How could someone like you
Know what it's like to fail?
Have you worried you're the chosen one,
Left to rewrite the tale?
To have to retell the legend,
You spent your whole life thinking about
Only to be told endings' depend,
On all the things you lived without.

-author

The shimmer of green hair merged with the trees, and he completely disappeared. Natsuki and Fuyuki were still able to sense him through their observational haki and followed him on silent feet.

Though Natsuki was thankful, she did wonder who taught Fuyuki how to use haki, and especially in his case, how he was so good at it. She dismissed the thought for now, but the question remained at the back of her head.

"Sir! They seem to be pirates sir!" Haruki yelled, reappearing in front of a massive man, wearing the words of justice on his back.

"Pirates?" Natsuki shivered at the man's voice. It was deep and gravelly, with willpower enough to send a man to eternal sleep.

"Yes sir!"

"Found out which ones?"

"They were talking about the seasonal pirates sir!"

"Seasonal? Do you know why?"

"Their captain, a girl wearing a fox mask said her name was Natsuki, sir!"

"Heh, Natsuki, the season of summer, eh?"

"Yes sir! Also, her first mate's name was Fuyuki, sir!"

"The season of winter... Aren't you perfect for them? You're a season yourself aren't you?"

"Though my name means the season of spring, I will never betray you, sir!"

"Good to hear Haruki. Have you found their whereabouts Haruki?"

"They were hiding in a cave sir."

"It doesn't seem to be the case anymore Haruki. They're here." Haruki immediately got into a stance, and Natsuki smirked. She looked at Fuyuki, who took out his Shepheard's stick. They walked into the marine base, which seemed temporary, looking at the white tents and marines unloading luggage from the ships.

"Natsuki, Fuyuki; captain and first mate of the seasonal pirates I presume?"

"Haven't decided on that name yet old man. Also, may we have your camouflaging soldier over there? Then we'll be on our way." Natsuki smiled under her mask.

"No way! You won't give me away, right sir?" Haruki desperately asked.

"Calm yourself Haruki. Pirate, how long have you been training?"

"For six years, though if you count my small lessons I had in my previous ship, it would be nine years."

"You surely can't be older than twenty? Or else that would mean you have been training before the age of ten!" Haruki voiced the vice admiral's desired question, or what he thought it would be.

"Yes. I'm eighteen."

"How has your training been Natsuki?"

"Want to test it?"

"Haven't had a good spar in ages! Let's see how much you've grown Natsuki!" The two people ran at each other, meeting at the middle with their fists. Both Fuyuki and Haruki were completely lost.

She attacked with shining black fists, and he blocked and parried, also using the same technique on his hands. It seemed to last forever, until the old marine officer decided to go on the offence.