18

11:59 pm

In one minute, or
Sixty seconds, or
Sixty thousand milliseconds,
Today will be gone
And today will be yesterday and
Tomorrow will be today.
It's kind of terrifying when you think about it.
Terrifying in the way that everything
You did today- all the
Lists you made,
Places you've been,
Things you've touched,
Scents you smelt,
Conversations you've had- will
Soon become a memory,
Or worse, it would be forgotten.
Lost amidst all your yesterdays.

Gone.

12:00 am.

Today.

-anonymous

"Who dares interrupt the king!" A loud booming voice was heard from behind golden curtains.

"It is me, sire. Toramp."

"Ah, come in. Come in." Sitting on a massive golden throne was a very large man, with a near triple chin, with no neck at all, and a receding hairline. He stunk of sweat, and the pong of rotten breath could be smelt from where they stood, which was the other side of the massive room. He had eyes which sank to the back of his head, which sometimes twitched, and his belly could fit a whole big fat pig in. There was a sludge of drool on the corner of his mouth, and his short fat legs were a long way away from the floor. He basically sank inside his throne, like one would in a comfy couch, but he was sinking into his own fat.

"Your Highness. My name is Summer. I have come to ask for a reason why you send soldiers after orphans."

"Orphans? What orphans. I have never heard of this before."

"Your Grace, it was a trivial matter, I took care of it."

"Of course you did. What a wonderful advisor you are." The man cheered from ear to ear, munching on a slab of chocolate.

"Then, Advisor Toramp. May I ask you, why do you send soldiers after the orphans?"

"Because all they do is bring this country down. They steal from the village, and live in the woods, they're basically like stray animals."

"Ah, but sir. These 'stray animals' you talk of, they are human, like you and I."

"They certainly do not act like one. A human must be civilised, with manners and knowledge, unlike the scruffy, rabid, animals they are."

"A human's quality is not measured by their civility, mannerism or knowledge, sir. They're measured by their person, compassion and kindness. Or that is what I believe."

"Oh do you now? What would a little girl like you understand about the worth of humans?"

"At least more than you."

"How dare you speak like this to me. The royal advisor of king Kashmir!"

"Yeah! How dare you speak so!" The king added sloppily.

"Well, I dared to. What are you going to do about it?" Natsuki, fed up with the king, simply used her haki on him, and he was out like a light.

"Guards!"

"They won't be coming."

"What!?" The advisor searched around the room, and certainly, the guards who stood at the walls were not there, but so was her companion, Winter. "What did you do?"

"Hm? Nothing."

"This is treason!"

"And ruthlessly attempting to murder children isn't?"