8

We all
Are merely monsters,
If we do not find
The words on our tongues
To save each other.
We must save each other.
For heaven's sake,
We must save each other,
For God built an empire
Inside us all, and with
A tear leaving his eye:
He called it love

-Christopher Poindexter

A month had passed since Natsuki started teaching manners, and albeit slightly slow, she was nearly there. Luffy started saying his please's and thank you's a bit more, though it was only limited to the public. He wouldn't ever be polite in front of his friends. Sabo was himself as always. A gentleman unless it was about, again like Luffy, his friends.

Ace was the one who changed the most. Though he was less stiff with friends, he was much politer, and wasn't as obnoxious and stuck-up as he was before. Though Natsuki worried that he was losing his child-like qualities.

One day, Natsuki confronted him.

"Ace, what's up? You're not being yourself nowadays."

"What are you talking about? I just learnt a lesson that's all."

"This isn't the lesson I wanted you to learn."

"Is the lesson you're talking about, mine though?" He asked in a matter-of-a-fact tone.

"I'm talking about your manners Ace. I know you understand what I mean."

"What's wrong with my manners? They are better, aren't they?"

"They certainly are Ace. Though the way you're acting, it makes you sound as if you're in your sixties! It's so unusual!"

"You're the one who told me to be polite! Geez!!" Natsuki smiled. He was getting back to his former attitude again.

"Yeah, I did. Doesn't mean you need to be as stiff as you are now. I wanted you to learn basic manners, like Luffy's learnt. Being sociable, amiable, polite, and respectable. They're all very important and difficult lessons Ace. You've skipped a few steps, and you've got the manners that not even adults seem to posses, but that doesn't mean you should stop being your natural, energetic self." She lectured, and Ace wondered who was losing their child-like qualities more. Himself or her. Then he remembered how she used to be much older.

"So? What do I need lessons on now!?" He exclaimed, his question dripping with sass.

"We, need to play tag." Ace had no idea what she was talking about and followed her as she found Sabo and Luffy.

"Guys, do you want to play tag?"

"Yeah!!" Luffy jumped up.

"Weapons allowed?" Sabo asked, holding out his pipe.

"Yep."

"Here, Ace, yours."

"Thanks." Natsuki smiled at Ace. That's all the manners he needed at this age.

"I'll be it first. You can only stay in the forest okay? Also, I'll count twenty seconds, so off you go!" She turned around, and closed her eyes, starting her counting. "Twenty! Nineteen! -"

"Ace, where are you gonna go?"

"I'm going to hide up in one of the trees."

"Really? I'm going to the alligator's den. I'm sure Natsuki wouldn't want to go there." He tottered off, and only a second later did Sabo and Ace realise what he had just said.

"LUFFY! GET BACK HERE!" They ran after him.

"Two! One! Ready or not! Here I come!" She said and jumped down from the tree house. She sensed all three of her brothers in the same place and smirked. This was going to be easy.