A dream

"What's wrong, you've barely touched your breakfast?" Asked Jorulph.

It was a new day, and Zelda was eating breakfast with the King and Jorulph. She had barely slept the night before, since Link had been on her mind all night.

"Nothing... it's just... I'm fine." She said.

"Very well." He Said, giving her a smile.

The trio ate their breakfast in silence. The silence made Zelda uncomfortable, it reminded her of Link's silence after she had walked away.

"I'm terribly sorry, but I must be off for the knight's training, good day." Said Jorulph.

He got up from the table, and walked out of the dining hall, leaving the King and his daughter together.

"Zelda, it's your birthday tomorrow..." Said the King.

Zelda looked up from her plate, and wanted to give her father the earth stare, but refrained form doing so. Of course she knew it was her birthday was tomorrow, her father didn't fail to constantly remind her.

"Yes, I will be turning eighteen." She replied coldly.

"And have you-"

"Oh father, give me a break! Your 'concern' is charming, but I'm sure I'll have it all sorted out. I'm turning eighteen, I'm going to be an adult, I can handle this." She burst out.

"Forgive me for assuming here, but you seem as though you haven't found suitable man to be your husband. You have until tomorrow, then I will be choosing for you." Said the King, in the serious tone he uses in court.

Zelda wanted to burst I to tears, this wasn't fair. She then got up from the table and walked away. What she was about to do next could possibly change everything.

~•••••••••••~

Link was sitting against a tree on the top of a hill. The hill had a magnificent view of Hyrule, and the sun was about to set. Sunsets were Link's favourite time of the day, and he would always come here to see them.

"Hello Link..."

Link turned around, and saw Zelda standing a few feet away. Link eyed her up, then cast his gaze back to the view of Hyrule.

"Link, what I said yesterday... Link I do want..."

She walked over to him, and hovered cautiously in front of him. Link got up, and gazed into her green eyes.

"Link, I..."

Link placed a finger on her lips to silence her. He then held her hand, and placed his other hand on her waist. Zelda breath was raspy, and her heart was beating fast.

"There's not need to talk, actions speak louder than words..." whispered Link.

Their lips met in the middle as the sun met with the horizon, casting a brilliant glow across Hyrule. The two were intertwined, and neither of them ever wanted to let go. The wind picked up the petals of a few Silent Princesses, and wrapped the couple with the breeze.

After the long lasting kiss, the princess and the knight finally broke apart, but remained in each other's arms.

"I love you." Whispered Zelda.

Link kissed her forehead, and caressed her hand.

"I love you too."

Zelda stared into his eyes, then her eyes began to water.

"Oh Link!" She cried.

She cried into his chest, and Link day her down against the tree.

"Tomorrow is my birthday and, and..."

She sobbed even more. Link hushed her, and stroked her hair.

"It will be alright." He assured.

"No it won't!" She Exclaimed," I'm going to have to marry Jorulph, and I don't want to!"

"No matter what happenes, I will stay by your side." He Said.

Zelda gave Link a big hug.

"I don't want to do this..." she whispered.

"Then don't." Link replied finally," we can run away and start a kingdom of our own, and royal family of our own. And there will be no rules on marriage, everyone will be free to do what they want." Imagined Link.

He got up, and pulled Zelda to her feet. Link wrapped an arm around her, and pointed out into the distance.

"Just picture it, Zel." He Said," You and me, no rules holding us back. Doesn't that sound like paradise?"

Zelda pushed him away playfully.

"Who's going to be stupid enough to join our kingdom?" She Joked.

Link mocked offence, and Zelda laughed.

"It does sound amazing, though, and I wish we could make it a reality." She sighed.

Link kissed her, then patted her on the back in reassurance.

"You should get back to the castle, they'll get worried about you." Said Link.

Zelda nodded, and walked off.

"Till the 'morrow." She said.

"Parting is such sweet sorrow." Sighed Link.

Sorry, this is a bit too short, but my boi Link has his heart mended. Anyway, I have no idea where this story is going to go, so I am in for the same ride as you guys. I wonder where Link and Zelda are going to take us?