Too drunk

"My liege, your son has returned."

Torrik bowed in front of a man adorned with gold and jewels, who sat upon a vast proud which overlooked a vast and desolate hall.

"Jorulph, you have returned."

The King said that as though he didn't seem impressed, very unlike Hyrule's King, who would've embraced Jorulph with open arms, despite not being related to him.

"Yes I have, sir." Said Jorulph stiffly.

He too was in a bowing position, and next to him was Link, who tried to blend in with the air as much as he could.

"Who is this peasant?" Demanded the Learian King.

"He is a guest of mine," explained Jorulph before Link opened his mouth, "I met him on my travels around the world. He is a prince, and just like me, wants to travel away from his own kingdom."

"His name?" Questioned the King.

"Li-"

"Rinku!" Interrupted Jorulph, shooting a stern gaze at Link.

"Hmm..."

The Learian King's gaze pierced Link, and he felt a shiver go down his spine.

"Is Rinku allowed to stay with us for a while?" asked Jorulph hopefully.

"I guess." Sneered the King, "If that's all, be gone."

The King waved a lazy hand to dismiss them. Jorulph pushed Link out of the hall an stood out side of the oak doors, waiting for Torrik. Once he was out, the three hastily walked away from the hall.

"Rinku?!" Spluttered Link.

"Your name sounds too Hylian." Replied Jourlph, "Anyway, Rinku's a nice name."

"With a name like yours, all names are nice." Mumbled Link.

Torrik started to laugh, whilst Jorulph scowled.

"Well, its getting pretty late," laughed Torrik, "Want to go grab some drinks?"

******

"And I said... I like to eat poop!"

Jorulph, Link and Torrik were sat a small wooden table, littered with empty mugs.

"And then he went, 'so do I!'." Link carried on, his voice slurred.

Jorulph and Torrik were both giggling, interrupted every now and then by a hiccup.

Link staggered to his feet, and drunkenly stood in front of the other men, a bit of his drink splashing on to the floor.

"Wanna see something cool?!" He asked.

"Nah mate, we wouldn't even see anything!" giggled Jorulph whilst high-fiving Torrik.

"I'm honestly surprised that you and Kogam haven't kissed yet." Laughed Torrik.

Link stared at him wide-eyed, and dramatically hushed him. Both Jorulph and Torrik laughed loudly at his reaction.

"Excuse me!"

A stern-looking lady marched over to them, waving a broomstick in her hand.

"I've had complaints from my customers saying that you've been too loud and disruptive!" She said.

"I have a complaint." Said Link in a slurred tone, "I don't give a sh-"

He collapsed onto the floor mid-sentence.

"Well, I guess that's your queue to leave, gentlemen." She said to Jorulph and Torrik.

The lady walked away, and the two stared at Link vaguely. Jorulph grabbed a jug of cold water, and threw it on himself and Torrik, bringing them close enough to reality so that they could safely haul Link's body back.

"What an idiot." Mumbled Jorulph whilst hoisting one side of Link up by the shoulder, "He drank way too much!"

"Where are we taking him?" Asked Torrik, pulling up the other.

"I hope the servants have followed my orders and have prepared a room for him in the castle," Jorulph replied, "I asked for it to be opposite mine."

Jorulph and Torrik now had their arms around Link's limp body, and made for the exit.

"Hey!" Called out the lady, "The bill?!"

"Just charge it to the royal account." Jorulph called back.

"Y-yes, my prince."

It was quite a task for Jorulph and Torrik to haul Link to his room, but it was finally done. Jorulph carried Link's body across the final hallway, and laid him to sleep on his bed, gently pulling the covers over Link.

"He isn't going to die in his sleep or something, right?" Asked Torrik.

"No, he's too stubborn for that." Replied Jorulph, fondly, "Let's get out, before he wakes up."

They both crept out of Link's room, and Jorulph gently shut the door behind him.

"I think you're starting to warm up to the kid!" Teased Torrik.

"What? No!" Exclaimed Jorulph, "I just... Need to keep him alive so that we can save Learia, that's all."

"And you're not going to mention the fact that he's your younger brother?" Asked Torrik sceptically.

"You're drunk!" Snapped Jorulph.

"So are you!" Torrik retaliated.

"Yeah, maybe I am, which explains why I'm acting this way!" Said Jorulph loudly.

Torrik opened the door to Jorulph's room, and beckoned him inside.

"We might as well start making the final plan." He suggested.

"Whilst we're drunk?! I don't think so!"

Torrik shrugged and leaned against the wall, sliding down it so that he was sitting down.

"Are you going to tell him?" He asked thoughtfully.

"Honestly, I don't think I have to," replied Jorulph, "I think he already knows."

"And yet he's still going along with it?" Asked Torrik.

"He's that kind of guy, isn't he?" Jorulph smiled, "always striving to make a better world for others at his own cost."

"Maybe he was the lucky one for being given away." Torrik suggested.

"Yeah, maybe he is."

Yay... lame chapter. Sorry if I've disappointed anyone for waiting so long. I've had so much homework to do, so...