Underlying thoughts

Link and Jorulph were walking through the quiet streets of Learia. Its was strangely quiet, Jorulph thought, then again, who would want to be roaming these streets?

"So, do I get a coronation?" Link asked, "Like, do I get a massive ceremony with a cool robe and delicious food?"

"I... Guess?" Jorulph replied, quizzically.

"How did you imagine your coronation?" Link pressed, "I mean, when you used to want to be King."

"Just imagine the coronation you would want." Jorulph said, "And I'm sure that would've  been my answer years ago."

"Don't keep me in suspense, tell me how everything went."

They both turned around to see Torrik smiling at them.

"The King is dead." Jorulph announced, "And now we have a new one."

Link waved at Torrik.

"That's great!" The Captain said, "Can your first act as King be more holidays for the army?"

"No, import more food from other kingdoms." Jorulph added, "What I would do for some fruit from Citanta."

"How about I try and make peace with Hyrule?" Link suggested, "You know, the whole reason why I was dragged into this mess."

"Yes, of course, peace with Hyrule." The Prince repeated.

"And so I can get back to Zelda." Link added, "I miss her so much."

"Of course you do."

Suddenly, a loud horn sounded through the town. To Link, it meant nothing, but to Jorulph and Torrik, it caused them to burst into a frenzy of panic.

"Who, where, how long, how?!" Was all they could ask.

"To the watch tower!" Jorulph ordered finally.

They hurried to the walls of Central Learia and called up to the soldier sounding the horn.

"Hylians!" The soldier cried out, "A lot of them, too. The border guards have been overwhelmed!"

"Torrik, you need to assemble an army, immediately!" Jorulph shouted.

He nodded and ran off.

"Hyrule?" Link whispered, a tone of anguish on his voice.

*******

"They're all ready."

Just as Jorulph had predicted, Torrik had indeed formed up the Learian army in no time. Some armour had even been brought for both Link and Jorulph, as well as their mighty steeds. There was no denying it: the Learian army was the most efficient of them all. The fierce army was stood in front of the Central Learian walls, their ultimate goal being to stop the Hylians from getting in.

Jorulph was dressed in an extravagant, gold-plated royal armour, with an encrusted helmet with a red plume adoring his head along with a billowing red cape. Torrik wore the same thing, though his armour was less extravagant, and left a lot of vulnerable areas, though Link felt that Torrik could easily protect them. Link was decked out in Jorulph's personal training armour, though it boasted more defence that the regular Learian soldier, so Link felt slightly at ease. The only reason why Link couldn't have the King's armour was because his predecessor's set was too big for him.

"What's taking them so long?" Jorulph asked Torrik.

"No idea, but at least we're prepared now."

Link, Jorulph and Torrik were sat upon their horses and were in front of the Learian soldiers, who were in shock by both being called upon so suddenly and the prospect of an unprepared war.