Fall of a Tyrant

"Where are they?"

The King was perched on his throne irritably as Zelda stood in front of him, anxious and on edge.

"Father, please, give them some time!" Zelda begged.

"We've given them enough time!" The King boomed, "We can't possibly wait any longer!"

"I'm sure they're on their way!" The Princess persisted, "I know Link would never just leave us like that... Leave me like that..."

"Your Majesty!"

A nobleman marched into the sanctum and bowed before the princess and King.

"We have... News." He said, richly.

"What is it?" The King demanded.

"Your daughter's 'husband' has a very interesting identity." the nobleman said, relishing the authority of possessing information, "As well as our Captain."

"Link and Jorulph?" The King asked.

"Ye-es..." The nobleman said, "We have found out where they have gone."

"They went to visit their Kingdom!" Zelda interrupted.

"Indeed they have." The nobleman said airily, "Learia."

"What?!" The King shouted, "Learia?!"

"Yes." The nobleman continued calmly, "They are, in fact, the Princes of Learia."

"Its not true, father!" Zelda cried, "Its not true!"

"A staff in the castle overheard a conversation between the two." The nobleman said, cutting off Zelda, "And another one claimed to have heard something about Learia from the two."

"How could this have happened..." The King muttered, "How could this have happened!"

"Father, you can't possibly believe this!" Zelda implored.

"Our main concern is what they are doing in Learia." the nobleman said, "Bot of them have had access to valuable information about Hyrule. I daresay they are going to use it to Learia's advantage."

"We have been betrayed." The King announced, "And now, Hyrule is at risk of an attack."

"I suggest we strangle the baby whilst its still in the cradle." The nobleman said maliciously.

"Alert Captain Kogam!" The King said to a guard, "Tell him to rally up the biggest army possible and get them to Learia immediately. We'll get them whilst they are still trying to figure out what is going on!"

The guard saluted and hurried out of the sanctum.

"Father, you can't!" Zelda cried, "You cannot do this. You are announcing an unjust war!"

"They are our enemies." The King said, "It is not unjust."

"When they have done nothing against us?" Zelda challenged..

The King eyed his daughter up.

"You're in on all of this, are you not?" The King questioned.

"W-What!?"

"You knew your husband was a traitor." The King stated.

"He is not a traitor!" Zelda shouted, tears racing down her face, "Even if he was I'd still love him not matter what! I don't care if he is Learian or Hylian, I love him and nothing can stop me from doing so!"

"It is clear that our Princess has chosen her side." The King said.

"You don't know what you're doing!" Zelda cried.