Peace

Zelda stepped cautiously through the field. The air tasted vile, and the smell flooding through her nostrils was putrid. Everything about this place was horrid. All she had to do was find Link and get away. Simple.

"Princess, what are you doing?"

"Kogam, I have to find him." She declared.

"I can't let you do that." He sighed.

"I wasn't asking."

"If I told you he was dead." Kogam carried on.

"I know he isn't." Zelda said, "I can feel it."

"You might get killed." He said desperately.

"I don't care. I need to see him."

Kogam cast his gaze down and nodded.

"Fine. Go."

Zelda took a deep breath and hurried through the field. She was going to see Link at all costs. Nothing could stop her.

"Link!"

She carried on running hopelessly around the field.

"Link..." She sobbed, "Where are you?"

"We've got them!"

*******

A few moments ago

"Jorulph, this is hopeless."

Link was leaning on his sword, exhausted. He had no strength left to stand up, let alone wield his sword. They had been fighting for hours, aimlessly slaughtering anyone within a feet of them.

"We... Have to..." Jorulph sighed. He too was exhausted.

"There's no one left. They're constantly trying to infiltrate the town. If we surrender?"

"We never surrender." Jorulph stated, "Its just not us."

"If we do, we could save so many more lives." Link said softly.

"You do know what will happen to us if they capture us, right?" Jorulph asked.

"If it saves our people?"

"Maybe..." Jorulph pondered, "But this isn't your fight..."

"What do you-"

"Link, I'm hoping that you'll be a good King." He said strongly.

Jorulph sheathed Torrik's sword and started to make his way towards the collection of Hylian troops in the distance.

"You can't!" Link cried.

"Why not?" His brother sighed, "I have nothing to lose... Just tell Naphi I love her, ok?"

"Tell her yourself."

Link barged past Jorulph and sprinted towards the troops.

"What about Zelda?" The prince called out, "You aren't just going to leave her?"

Link stopped in his tracks, and bowed his head down.

"She'll understand..." He whispered.

"You're being mighty selfish."

"As if you aren't!"

"Because this is what I've wanted for so long!" Jorulph said, "A chance to save my people. Now that I have this chance, why won't you let me take it?"

"Because I-"

"We've got them!"

A squadron of Hylian troops wielding deadly weapons encircled the brothers.