The newly wed couple

Link nervously stood at Firly Pond, with Kogam and Ru at his side. Link wore a smart black tunic, which his father had worn at his own wedding. Every now and then, Kogam and Link would share cheeky smirks with each other as they patiently awaited the bride's arrival. Firly Pond, the place where Link and Kogam often snuck off during the night. It was a truly beautiful place, just under Link's house, so it was chosen as the place where Link and Zelda would get married.

After what seemed like an eternity for Link, Zelda finally made her way to them, adorned in a simple, yet elegant, white dress. She held a small bunch of Silent Princesses, as she walked to join Link at his side. When she came closer, Link held out his arm to her as they turned to Ru.

"Alas, the lovely bride and groom have joined here tonight to join together in marriage." started Ru.

"You look beautiful." Whispered Link.

"And you could easily pass off as a prince," she replied.

"We call up to the Goddess Hylia to unite these two souls," said Ru, "for these two to be together, through life and through death. For them to confess their undying love here tonight. Link, do you promise to look after Zelda, to make sure no harm may come to her, through life and through death?"

Link glanced at Zelda and smiled.

"I do." He replied.

"And Zelda, do you promise to love Link, no matter how hard things may get, and that you will stay by his side through all of the challenges you may face?"

"I do." Zelda Said.

"Can we have the rings?" Ru said to Kogam.

He walked over and handed Link and Zelda their wedding rings. Link slid Zelda's ring onto her finger, and Zelda did the same for Link. They smiled at each other.

"With the power invested by me by the Goddess Hylia, I pronounce the two of you husband and wife!" Declared Ru.

Link turned to Zelda.

"Hold your horses!" Said Ru.

Link looked at Ru impatiently.

"You may now kiss the bride!" Laughed Ru.

Link held Zelda's face and kissed her. Kogam threw flower petals over the newly wed couple and punched the air with happiness.

"I forgot how joyous it was to unite two souls." Whispered Ru to Kogam, "are you next?"

"I'll pass, for now." Kogam smirked.

Zelda and Link parted away, and Kogam pulled Link into a big hug.

"I do happy for you, you rascal!" Exclaimed Kogam.

He slapped Link on the back.

"Now we've just got to wait for your wedding!" Laughed Link.

The smile on Kogam's face slipped away. It would be a long time until he himself would get married, and there was no way the newly wed couple could hide away that long.

"Yeah..." He said sadly, "I should be getting back before they notice I'm gone."

"I'll be seeing you around, then." Said Link.

Kogam forced a smile on his face, hiding away he pain and fear he felt. He walked over to his horse and mounted it.

"Stay out of trouble, idiot." Called out Kogam.

"Tell trouble to stay out of me, stupid!" Called back Link.

Kogam laughed and gave Link the thumbs up before kicking his horse into a gallop.

"May you two have a happy and blessed marriage." Said Ru.

"Thank you so much." Replied Zelda.

Link took Zelda's hand and led her back to his house. When they got inside, Link held Zelda by the waist and started swaying gently on the spot. After a blissful moment of dancing, Link stopped and clutched his stomach.

"Could you change the dressing, please?" He asked.

"Go upstairs, I'll be with you in a moment." Said Zelda.

Link smiled to himself as he went upstairs to the bedroom. He went over to the bed and lay down, making himself very comfortable. Zelda walked in a few moments later, carrying some bandages.

"You know, it would be helpful if you took off your tunic." She scolded.

Link smirked.

"I'm the patient, I don't need to do anything." He said cheekily.

Zelda sighed and walked over to the bed where Link lay and slid the tunic over his head before throwing it on a chair. She then got busy tending to his dressing, first taking off the old bandages, then wrapping the fresh one. Link couldn't take his eyes off her whilst she was doing it. Her furrowed eyebrows, her tongue poking out. Once she was done, she looked up at him.

"All done, sir, that will be ten thousand rupees." She joked.

"I don't have that sort of money." He replied.

Zelda leaned forward so her face was near his.

"Well, you're going to have to pay me some other way." She whispered.

Link got lost in her green eyes. It's wasn't long until they met in the middle with their lips. They continued to kiss, as Link's hand moved to her back, and hovered over the buttons of her dress.

~•••••••~

"Where is Kogam!" Demanded the King, "my daughter is out there with that vermin, and Kogam is nowhere to be seen! Only Hylia knows what he's doing to her at this moment!"

As if on cue, Kogam burst into the sanctum, panting.

"I'm... sorry... your majesty," he said, "I had some family issues."

"Well, now you're here. Get on with your mission!" Snapped the King, "you know what to do!"

The king irritably tapped his fingers on the throne.

"I bet we would get them quicker if you were on the job." He said to Jorulph, "that boy will pay once I lay my hands on him. The guillotine will be the last thing, but he feels..."

~••••••~

The newly wed couple laid in bed, Zelda in Link's muscular arms. They smiled and kissed each other. Zelda glanced down at her wedding ring.

"Not having second thoughts, are you?"

"No... I couldn't possibly wish for anything better." She replied, "Well, maybe for a better situation."

Link propped himself up on his elbow and looked at her.

"Better situation?" He echoed.

"It's just that, we had to run away from everything, and now all of the soldiers in Hyrule are looking for us," She Explained, "Don't you wish we could just live together, normally."

"Life would be boring if it were normal." He replied with a smile.

Zelda sighed sadly. Link placed a hand on her bare shoulder, his touch making her shiver slightly.

"Hey, it's going to be alright, ok? Nothing is going to happen to us."

So um... what else did you expect them to do once they got married? our two love birds are in for a bumpy ride by the looks of it... stay tuned for the next episode