Prison escape

The first rays of sunshine streaked through Zelda's curtains and bathed her room in a soft golden glow. She slowly opened her eyes, but all she could see was a blur. Zelda sat up and rubbed at her eyes, and she was finally able to see her room span out in front of her.

Today is the day Link is supposed to come back. Whether he would or not, Zelda had no idea. All she wanted was for him to return, nothing else. If he does, they will be officially wedded at sunset. Surely that's what he wants? Its was she wants more than anything.

Instead, Link was off striving to make a better future for other people.

Zelda smiled to herself. Link is so self-less and would do anything to make other people happy. If only he could be in two places at once. She didn't care if she was being selfish or not, she just wanted her husband back.

******
"If I can just pick this lock..."

Link was watching Jorulph struggle to open his cell. He had found a pin, and was trying his best to pick at the lock.

"Maybe if I can wiggle it around- Aha!"

Jorulph's cell opened up, and he scrambled to his feet, rushing over to Link's cell.

"Yours should be done in a tick!" Jorulph said, just as Link's cell opened.

"Wow, where'd you learn to pick locks?" Link asked.

"A magician never reveals his secrets." Smiled Jorulph, "Now lets get out of here."

Link made his way to the dungeon door.

"No! Not that way!" Jorulph hissed, "We'd get caught within seconds. No, where're gong to go through a tunnel."

"A tunnel?!" Scoffed Link, "In a prison?!"

"There's a legend saying how a infamous convict escaped the dungeons through a tunnel he dug with only his hands," Explained Jorulph, leading Link through the dungeons, "They never found the tunnel, so it was just passed off as a rumour. But its true! The tunnels is very well-hidden and extremely difficult to find."

Jorulph opened one of the cell, and pointed over to a pile of bones.

"Uh... I hate to burst your bubble, but that's no tunnel." Said Link.

Jorulph rolled his eyes and kicked the bones away, revealing a hole barely big enough for a person to get in.

"I'm... Claustrophobic..." Link muttered.

"Grow up." Jorulph said before hopping down the hole, "You coming? Or would you rather get your head sliced off?"

Link sighed and followed Jorulph down the hole. It was a narrow, winding tunnel, which both of them had to crawl through. For once, Link was thankful for his size, and pitied Jorulph who had to get low to the ground so he could squeeze through.

"So... What are we about to do?" Link asked, "I mean, I think the King is onto us. Just a passing thought, though."

"No joke!" Said Jorulph sarcastically, "We're going to kill him once and for all."

"What?!" Link cried.

After what seemed like an eternity of crawling, Link could finally see rays of light at the other end of the tunnel. Surely that couldn't be daylight? Then he started to wonder how long they'd been down in the dungeons for.

"Attention passengers, we will shortly begin our ascent, ready your grip and hold onto your guts." called out Jorulph.

Soon enough, he was scaling the dirt, making his way up to the shaft of light. Link followed after him, and gripped onto the dirt, placing his feet in the various crevices. Link had always been good at climbing. He and Kogam often had to climb over high wall and such to avoid being captured when they got up to mischief.

Link finally pulled himself out of the hole, and was almost blinded by the daylight.

"Come with me," Said Jorulph hastily.

Once Link finally got to his senses, he realised that they were in the royal garden of Learia.

"Are we seriously doing this?!" Link scoffed.

"Yes!" Jorulph shouted as he riffled through a bush.

When he got back up, he held a dagger in his hands.

"I remember throwing Torrik's dagger in this bush once." The prince explained, "I got annoyed at him. Well, lets go!"

He ran into the castle with Link hot on his heels.

*****

Naphi was sat on her bed, sobbing into her hands. She had been there for ages, crying her eyes out.

Suddenly, the door burst open and a tall, wide-shouldered man stood in the door way of her room.

"There you are, Naphi." said the man in a low voice, "Have you heard of the prince's execution, along with his little friend?"

"Yes, Torrik told me." She replied, standing up as she wiped her face with her sleeve.

"Hmm... Such a shame, really, he was shaping up to be a good King." Said her father, "Oh well, I'm heading to the castle to prepare for the execution."

A woman appeared at the door, who looked strikingly similar to Naphi,

"Must you do this, dear?" The woman asked.

"We serve the King." Replied Naphi's father, "Even if he told me to execute my own children, I would."

The woman gasped, and looked at Naphi, shaking her head frantically. Her father sniffed and barged past his wife.

"He doesn't mean that, Naphi." The woman said.

"Yes he does, mother." Said Naphi defiantly.

"He loves you and Torrik more than anything." Said her mother.

"Then why does he have to kill Jorulph?" Naphi cried.

"Its his job," Said her mother sadly, "Its a shame, I know how much the prince meant to you and Torrik."

Naphi sobbed into her mother's shoulder. Her mother rubbed her back, trying to calm her down.

"What's going on?"

Torrik was now in the room, and was looking on at his sister and mother locked in an embrace.

"Your sister was just upset about the prince's execution." Stated their mother, "You try  talking to her, dear."

She patted him on his shoulder on the way out of the room, and shut the door behind her.

"Naphi, they're alive."

Naphi stared at Torrik, her eyes wide-open with fear.

"What? How ?"

"I know for a fact that Jorulph knows that dungeon inside out." Torrik said, "I'm sure he'll find a way to get out."

Naphi gave a sigh of relief and sank onto her bed, again.

"I have to go." Torrik muttered.

He slowly walked out of the room, but then looked back at Naphi. He pondered for a moment, before rushing back in and pulling her into a tight hug.

"What are you doing!" She said, gasping for air.

"Naphi, I love you so much!" He said, "I hope you know that."

"Torrik, what is going on?!" She demanded.

"Its long story." Torrik smiled.

Naphi smiled too, and hugged her brother back.

"I love you, too." She said as she kissed him on the cheek.

"A kiss, too?!" He said cheekily .

Naphi rolled her eyes and slapped Torrik on his arms.

"Now go." She said, "And do whatever crazy thing you're doing."

------